• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Advice/Help for entering selective school for year 11 in 2009? (1 Viewer)

SimonLee13

HSC
Get in with either really good academic records or really high sporting level. The imports in my grade are insanely good sportsmen, but don't have a great report.

rolror88

HSC
N/A
SimonLee13 said:
Get in with either really good academic records or really high sporting level. The imports in my grade are insanely good sportsmen, but don't have a great report.
Hmm.. My academic is pretty good I guess, Not really that high sporting level.. But I do play an instrument at an high level. I guess I've got nothing to loose in applying.

ctpengage

HSC
XShiv said:
hey guys,

I applied for 4 Selective Schools for year 11 next year including:

NSBHS
Girraween
Normanhurst Boys
Penrith High

*In that order

My report for last year, semester two had A's for Maths, English, Science and Commerce. B's for the rest.
This years semester 1 report had about 3 A's and the rest B's

So all up it was:

Yr9 :
A's- 4
B's- 4

Yr10:
A's- 3
B's- 4

The list of extra-curricular activities that i included,
Doccument Attached Below :]

Good luck for whoever applied for yr11 next year =]

lol so what do you guys think my chances are?
I know that NSBHS and Girraween have tests, fingers crossed haha

thank you.
u need something, either ur fucking smart or an excellent sportsman or musician or some shit, but seeing as ur going for selective schools ordinary pppl will do. ur with a chance

" Learnt and played piano at school during music class " get rid of that. u joking or something?

XShiv

HSC
haha thank you for the post, i may not have fully understood the message trying to be conveyed but ill take it in good manner =]

yea the music bit, well i mean i did learn a years worth of piano so i decided to put it in lol

peace.

Last edited:

ctpengage

HSC
XShiv said:
haha thank you for the post, i may not have fully understood the message trying to be conveyed but ill take it in good manner =]

yea the music bit, well i mean i did learn a years worth of piano so i decided to put it in lol

peace.
well its just my manner really, no offence intended. seriousli, iv been through these things b4 and u should onli really include the big things uv done, i.e. the most important and write about them in depth in ur resume. once they see that the resume isn't all blank, they dont care nemore and then they look to see in what specific areas u can contribute.

forgot about the music thing and some others which seem dodgy and write more fully on e.g. ur cricket and ur other big stuff like the polic relocation thing

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)