• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

after final round offers (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i am a bit confused. there are people in the state who, by the final round of offers, will have 3 offers (one from main, from late and then from the final round). obviously, they can only take one of the offers. does this mean that at the end of the final round, there are actually vacancies in courses which never get filled?

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
on the uac website there is a list of unis that will concider direct applications after the final round

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
k that's cool. because people with multiple offers will be stopping someone else from getting a place. and i was wondering if the place was vacant, so that's good of the unis to consider direct applications

IronMike

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cheesegrater
on the uac website there is a list of unis that will concider direct applications after the final round
Do u think its worth giving a ring to other unis that are not in that list, to ask if i can get into a certain course....or is this stupid thing to do...(btw, i want to get into commerce at maq, and my uai is above the cut off by 2 uais)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by IronMike
Do u think its worth giving a ring to other unis that are not in that list, to ask if i can get into a certain course....or is this stupid thing to do...(btw, i want to get into commerce at maq, and my uai is above the cut off by 2 uais)
definitely call them
do you have it in for the late round offers? try that first as well

santaslayer

HSC
if it is above the cutoff then it is worth a ring, u'll neva know, they'll prolly let u in!

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
I remember reading somewhere that the main universtiy over enroll so they expect these things to happen! will worth a ring like santaslayer mentioned :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
k overenrolling is a good idea too, because so many places will be wasted

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uni's are trying to cutback on overenrolling. i guess they fill those spots with enrolments in mid year.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
yea mid year, direct enrolments
but that means they hafta catch up dont they?

I dont think they have to catch up, just lag half a year behind in their course, unless they want to do summer school!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
they don't have to catch up in the subjects because your subjects only run for 1 semester. but yes you will be around half a year behind, unless you choose to do summer/winter school or take up a bigger courseload!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)