• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ahh, what do I do? (1 Viewer)

namelesslady

HSC
My last assessment task for english I had to hand in early, so the day I was intending on handing it in, I was finishing it on the Mac at school. I clicked Print, saved it, closed the document, and pulled out the memory stick. It didn't print. So I got a teacher to figure out what had happened, and the printer had just run out of paper.. but I'd lost my copy of the essay on the memory stick. But I figured it was ok because I had the copy on paper. So I handed it in- Yay! But then last week, when we were getting them all back, the teacher couldn't find mine. It turns out they've lost it... And have no mark recorded for it. The freaking english department..

What do I do?!?!

It was a pretty good essay too, if you ask me..

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you've lost the original copy, then you want be able to get it back unless you either saved it on the computer you were working on or have another version of the file somewhere.

You may have to rewrite the essay if no other copy can be found and no marks have been recorded for it. Get the English department searching hard before you do, though. You did hand it in, on time, and it isn't your fault that they lost it. If there is any blame, it should be placed on the teacher for losing it (although you could have saved another backup copy, but can't change that now).

I_F

namelesslady

HSC
Thanks.. I know should have had a backup copy, but blame the freakin' Mac. I not only handed it in on time, but a day early, so it's the english department to blame. Hopefully I won't have to write it again.. -crosses fingers-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)