• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

alegbra is my friend (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
geeeeeeeeeeeeeez

this is going to be random, but it was on my mind reading other threads...

(i know this is my personal opinion and i respect others may not be good at algebra) but i reckon it is the easiest topic EVER. i mean, the other shit on area and longitude latitude etc is enough to make u go CRAZY. algebra is about the only thing in the general maths course that isnt all over the place

i thank GOD they keep it to basics and have algebra

GOD BLESS ALGEBRA

ps who else HATES the graphics calculator and is not going to use one for the hsc next year??

elisabeth

HSC
Well, I like general algebra. I liked easy 2u maths algebra too, but somewhere along the line it got hard and fucked up. Then I stopped liking it a week before the year 11 yearlies. So I moved to general instead of dropping maths entirely, came 2nd (having not done any of the course and not much revision) so amen to that. I love easy algebra too :)

PC

HSC
N/A
Algebra in the General course isn't so bad ... but solving the tricky fraction equations can be a bit harded. The worst bit is the stuff on all the different curves at the end of Year 12 ... cubics, exponentials and all that stuff.

Graphic calculator is pretty handy, but I think it's a good idea to get using it from the start of Year 11 instead of trying to learn how to use it in Year 12. Saves heaps of time when you're trying to solve equations!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
From year 9 my maths teacher said to get anywhere in life with maths you must master algebra...and he still says that to this day and he was right.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I love university algebras!

Oh, uh, and general algebras, too, sure!

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
I personally find that General algebra is very easy and I grasp the concepts of it very easily, so that's why I think it's so great :D

Scanorama

HSC
I hate 2U algebra, I had absolutely no idea how it works when I did 2U maths. But General algebra? They are great, one you get the concepts, the questions are all the same.

Trev

stix
HSC
of course we do algebra! but in an exam it would be considered "harder 3 unit" algebra, we dont actually do it as a topic, but there's like algebra involved in the different topics we do.... :eek:

*SHeLL!*

HSC
wen i was in 2 unit i hated algebra.... now i love it! its great! it sux 4 peops that dont get it but! my friend struggles... poor widdle gal!

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
3u algebra aint that bad and ofcourse when you get to 4u level theres a whole new level of algebra called the imaginary field... which I had to endure b4 making the decision to drop the subject *sigh* u all just like algebra because its relatively easy lol

ahacohen

HSC
Algebra luva

I think algebra is the best topic of any math course, then second comes trignometry, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)