• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

America Haters Unite!! (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I noticed right after the tsunami disaster... people pretending to have the best intentions started attacking both the american people and the bush administration, presumibly to push their own political agenda.

I have noticed that these threads have now stopped, now that people can see that they are the country contributing the most to the relief effort. I just think the people that were bad mouthing america should step up and admit they were wrong, appologise for being so quick to judge.

Lets look at some other countries... China $60million US, Taiwan $50 million US.... although I would say that China's response as a regional neighbour has been good, they have sent blankets, food, their close proximity meaning that they go these things in time. The only reason i mention the comparison is because the rather crazed Chinese patriots who are on this forum were mocking Taiwan for not doing enough...

Hows bout France, Germany? Where are the people speaking out against them?

What about France, Germany? Their contribution is lacking... I don't see any France, Germany hate threads

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Thats cause Germany is cool. :p and in reality germany and france were the only countries to voice against america in the war in iraq. As for america donating - people see them as the most development and richest country in the world so there is a presumption that they should donate.

American bad mouthing is going to happen whether you like it or not.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wtf? Because they voiced against america in the iraq war they don't have to donate as much as they should being some of the richest nations on earth?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Thats not what i meant!

But i'm sure countries are donating in different ways. For example donating doesn't mean just giving money ... it could be sending in supplies, aid workers, military personnal and machines, doctors etc.

I know thats what russia did. I know they sent in some military aircraft.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
But there is no law saying: a tsunami struck the whole world just drop everything and send all avaliable funds and personnal to the area.

They don't have to do anything if they don't want to.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Neither did America, I'm just trying to shine a little bit of light onto things for the people who chose to badmouth America over this disaster...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
everey country has its good points and bad points....just coz america is sending aid it dosent make them a great country all of a sudden......however that said, i dont see how anyone can condem america in any way with regards to the tsunami aid.....theyre doing their job and other countires should start contributing as well......everyone has to pull thier weight in situations like these........evn individual ppl.......

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm not saying america is a great country... i'm just saying that in the context of this disaster i think people are treating them unfairly.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
They showed images of people jumping out of buildings, but what u have to remember is over in america if they showed a dead body it is possible that a family member could see it and get upset.
By the way, why do YOU give aid? It is because you like it because it makes you feel good, don't kid yourself.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
Has anyone noticed that the American networks showed shots of the disaster with the bodies piled up on the beaches, something they were very careful not to do on 9/11? As soon as something bad happens offshore (and about 150 times worse) they lost all their tact (right word?) and just show whatever.
I can't get american tv stations - i haven't noticed anything like that ... but it wouldn't surprise me. But i can remember from 9/11 that newspapers here actually had pictures of people jumping out of the wtc and falling flat onto the ground ... where you meaning???

As well as the US, Australia, France, Japan, New Zealand and the Philippines have sent planes or helicopters to the region while Britain is exploring additional ways in which its armed forces might help, officials said. - this is from news.com.au - proof that france is helping - but in other ways.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i find that america treats its citizens like humans.........and the rest of the world like animals......theres no difference between the ppl who died on sept the 11th and those who died in the tsunami..theyre both humans....and american life is not more precious than an asian life and pitures on mangled bodies really shouldnt be shown on tv

slightly of topic..........did anyone see that freaky tourist who took a pic next to a dead kids body like it was a tourist attraction......eeeeekkkkkkkk....wat a moron....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
france didn't have to send military aid - but it did ... every small bit helps.

joujou_84 - no i didn't see the pic. And i agree with you about america - they treat everyone else like animals - unless that country is willing to help them destroy the world - as is the case with australia and britain.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wtf so America is doing it because people expect them to, France and Germany will be doing it because they are so caring, giving?
Shit man you must hate america a fair ammount to honestly make that comparison...

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I noticed right after the tsunami disaster... people pretending to have the best intentions started attacking both the american people and the bush administration, presumibly to push their own political agenda.

I have noticed that these threads have now stopped, now that people can see that they are the country contributing the most to the relief effort. I just think the people that were bad mouthing america should step up and admit they were wrong, appologise for being so quick to judge.

Lets look at some other countries... China $60million US, Taiwan $50 million US.... although I would say that China's response as a regional neighbour has been good, they have sent blankets, food, their close proximity meaning that they go these things in time. The only reason i mention the comparison is because the rather crazed Chinese patriots who are on this forum were mocking Taiwan for not doing enough...

Hows bout France, Germany? Where are the people speaking out against them?

What about France, Germany? Their contribution is lacking... I don't see any France, Germany hate threads
haha no need for france hate threads, everyone hates them so there would be no argument!!

i heard on the news that japan had conrtibuted the most to the relief effort - something like 600 million dollars?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
But american newspapers and such DID show dead americans after 9/11....

i know........but they tried to limit it as much as they could......which is a good thing.....but it should be limited this time as well....its not really neccesary to show the public mounds of dead and decomposing bodies.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)