• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

America's Next Top Model - Cycle 7 (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
She was the beautiful Iranian contestant and no if you would've followed that Cycle you would've seen Sara's personality begin to develop, as is the case with most other models starting out in the business.
she was the one who tyra thought would fit right in next to tyra herself and Heidi klum on a victoria's secret runway.

HSC
N/A
Spoilers for those who haven't seen the episode yet. I was glued to my seat the entire time - I wouldn't even flick channel during the ads in case I missed anything!!!

Damn, my fingers are shaking so much it took me about 5 times to write the word "spoiler". Anyway. YAY FOR CARIDEE! I have never felt so satisfied at an ANTM final before... for the entire second half I think the words "Caridee had better fucking win" going through my head the entire time.

Good to see Jay Manuel on the judging panel!

One thing I am suprised about. Why was Melrose's perfectionism/inability to 'get over things' not brought up/not aired on TV? When Mr Jay said "think about the profession", I thought he'd bring it up then (no-one has time to calm down models backstage?), but no. Why not?

For what it's worth I thought Eugena did a really, really good job of both commercial and photo. Was thinking she actually had a chance into the top two... pity about the personality withdrawal thing at panel. Massive lol @ the camera shots between her and Caridee when Melrose got into the final two.

oh and another YAY for Caridee!!!!

EDIT: Ok, I have more things I want to say in Melrose's direction. I am appaulled at her lack of professionalism.

Ok, so you screwed up, and something went wrong. These things happen. But when you're in the middle of a project, do you break down and cry? No! For god's sake, learn to pull yourself together and focus on the next thing that you can use to redeem yourself, rather than beating yourself up, crying, blah blah blah.

There is also this thing called 'natural talent'. Yes, that elusive thing you can't work on by studying or practicing. When you lose out to something like this, bow out gracefully. You gave it your best shot, but somebody better/more suitable for the gig got it. It's not a crime for other people to be better than you - appreciate what you learnt and gained from the experience, maybe express some sadness at not winning, but try to be thankful? Ok, maybe I am being harsh. Every runner up has got to be really cut. Then again, I hate Melrose :D

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I was always torn between Danielle and Joanie. I think that was the only cycle ever where I would have been completely happy with either of them winning... I felt Joanie was really gracious about being runner up too :) much love and respect for Joanie :)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i dont think they really looked like ghosts :/

and what about melrose with the big "she tore my dress *bauls*" like cari did it on purpose or something. "sorry doesnt cut it!". Drama queen. The show must go on.

Did anyone get the impression that it wasnt really a legit fashion show? i mean, all the audience seemed to be made up of tourists :confused:

HSC
N/A
neither lol

More brides of frankenstein, or dracula or something?

I don't doubt the legitimacy of the fashion parade... someone put their expensive gowns on display, lol. I do think though, that there would be have been a real 'artsy' kind of feel to it - maybe the audience members were mostly from art industry?

The more I think about it though, the more I think you're right :/ Which sucks. Really badly.

And yeah, drama queen Melrose. *rolls eyes* This is a HUGE reason why I think that for all her perfect pictures, she actually won't do very well in the industry... one of the first runners up where I seriously think that of her. You have GOT to know how to brush things off and get on with the job - shoes fall off on the Victoria's Secret runway all the time, do they sit down and cry? No.

mserica

HSC
All i can say, is that im glad that Caridee Won!!!! Couldnt stand Melrose from Day one!!! (now we just have to wait a few more weeks for the Aussies!!!!)

Lets hope their more interesting to watch then the last bunch!!

HSC
N/A
The thing I have about the aussie version is that it seems 95% bitchiness, 5% modeling. Much as it makes for 'entertaining' tv, the substance level is significantly lower than that of ANTM :/ Will be interesting to see the new host, though.

HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
i found this freakin' hilarious recap of the final episode. it has all the major details but it made me laugh so much i cried :D

http://www.afterellen.com/TV/antm/recaps7/11/1.html
lol! definately some funny things in there

I thought a lot of the beginning stuff (about the other girls) was real though. Like, "what? Jaeda had a boob job? So what's she now, an F-cup or something?!"

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Well. I am here.

To put in my usual 2 cents worth. A bit late but, oh well.

Well, as I hope we are all aware, I dislike Caridee. God I hate her. Well, that kind of hate you can only have for people on TV who you have never met and are never ever ever planning on meeting.

So, anyway I was extremely disappointed that she won. Especially since my loyalty rested with Eugena and ESPECIALLY Melrose.

I just think that they chose the wrong person. Do we all remember Australia's Next Top Model, the first series? Where Gemma won? Well, she definitely shouldn't have. She was all weird and depressed and all of that drunk and cried all over the place blah blah.

Well, Caridee, as Twiggy kept on repeating in her completely bland way is 'a bit of a loose cannon.' Why would you choose the completely unpredictable crazy one? Because...they were discriminating against Melrose.

I was thinking about it, and there were pictures of Melrose which were MUCH hotter than the ones of Caridee. I just don't really understand the reasons for their selection.

Melrose kicked her ass on runway. I agree though with somebody earlier in this thread that said that there wasn't that much emphasis placed on the runway stuff this cycle. It is a bit of a shame really.

I mean, I don't deny Caridee is alright, but I don't really reckon she will ever make it far.

Lets face it, the furthest most of these top models go is on Tyra's show. Really. And look at Danielle or should I say 'Dani.' The highlight of her career so far has probably been returning to open the runway show in ANTM.

I don't know. I just really hated their choice. My mum who hates Melrose even wanted Melrose to win because she thought she was sooo much better at everything.

Except for that last one. She let herself down.

Until Cycle 8, I am going back to Cycle 4. Man I love it.

xx

HSC
N/A
^ Because Melrose is an unlikable, unapproachable bitch? :D

Good results yes, role model no. Caridee is a loose cannon, but she's a lot more down-to-earth and approachable, which makes her much more suitable as a Covergirl. And I think she could still have a good modelling career... she reminds me of that Karolina girl from Victoria's Secret. :)

I remember the first season of Australia's NTM. I hated Gemma too, but I totally understand why they chose her... the redhead would never have booked a job, because she isn't open enough. Therefore Gemma would have done a better job because she would have GOT the job at all, you know?

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Ok.

I'll agree maybe Melrose wasn't appraochable but...

God...lol. I'm going to chuck a temper trantrum now. *insert nobody understands me etc. here*

Caridee sucks. That's all. Damn her. DAMN DAMN HER!

I can understand the role model part, but yeah. I don't know. There's just sooo much that I have going on in my mind about this series. I think it was a bit of a let down compared to previous ones.

xx

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
Caridee sucks. That's all. Damn her. DAMN DAMN HER!
not as bad as Melrose though... god that woman pissed me off.

yes :shy: I'm an America's NTM fan. Melrose looked ugly in her shots... and was arrogant. I dislike arrogance.

HSC
N/A
It was one hell of a beak. Plus she photographed old. :(

I do think that in a lot of instances where there are two equals, the one who is more likeable becomes more attractive. Melrose totally ruined that for me, so Caridee seems all the more awesome. Plus I don't think Naomi is as much of a perfection freak as Melrose is - her unprofessionalism is what probably made me disrespect her, as well.

They're accepting Cycle 9 audition tapes at the moment. Does that mean we could expect Cycle 8 on air soon?!?! I'm so scared Tyra is going to collapse from exhaustion and have to give up either her talkshow, or ANTM!!!!!!!!

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
I <3'd watching Monique and Melrose taking it out at each other, Even funnier when Melrose's dress tore on the runway when Caridee stepped on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)