• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Another Explosion in the London Underground (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, goddamm put stargate back on >_<
I was recording that grrrr

meh anyway looks like its just detenators have gone of but not the explosives.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
bahahaha, is Jumb's name James!!!

Hi BreaKing!!

anyway: looks like a media beatup 2 me

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There is a suicide bomber running around a hospital with a bomb strapped to him.

(but without the detenators apparently)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Press conference with Blair and Howard soon.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Johnny got beemed around the entire world!

But the world didnt care about what he had to say. :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Deus said:
There is a suicide bomber running around a hospital with a bomb strapped to him.

(but without the detenators apparently)
The bombs were really sausages.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Bomb suspect shot dead on Tube

However, about 2.10am today, Sydney time, Sky News quoted police sources as saying the shot man was not one of the four and was not connected to the Thursday attacks, although they believed he posed a serious threat.

Witnesses to the shooting said the young man was shot in the head, which is in line with police training for suspected terrorists, in case a bullet to the body sets off a bomb.

"They pushed him onto the floor and unloaded five shots into him - he's dead," one witness, Mark Whitby, told the BBC.

He said the man, who wore a baseball cap and a thick, padded coat, did not look like he was carrying anything. "He looked left and right, he looked like a cornered rabbit, a cornered fox, he looked absolutely petrified."

Mr Whitby, who was about five metres away, said the man tripped to the ground then police held him and shot him in the head. He said the dead man's coat "looked out of place in the hot humid weather".
with respect to the police force in a dangerous situation, but isn't shooting a detained terrorist suspect a summary execution? i mean even if he was carrying a bomb that was about to detonate, shooting the man dead doesn't necessarily stop the bomb from detonating.

thoughts?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
it happened this time in the suburb i live din for a year in 01

julius

Banned
HSC
it appears to be a summary execution but it was done to prevent a greater evil. while i agree that shooting a bomb toting man wont neccessarily stop the bomb exploding, it makes the cop's job a lot easier since they only have to disarm the bomb not find the guy and then disarm the bomb.

DaisyAnh

HSC
omg i cn't believe they shot him and he wasn't even related to the bombing! :O he could be any man walking along the streets

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
That's the way the media wants you to think, but there is obviously more to the story than that. In a country that doesn't even allow on-the-beat police to carry guns, it is very unlikely to be something like that. He most certainly would have been up to something.
In a situation like this, I'm sure they all had guns...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
anti-mathmite said:
He most certainly would have been up to something.
notwithstanding his involvement with terrorism, or lack of, the UK does not have capital punishment for terrorism offences (prove me wrong). prima facie, it looks like a brutal and unnecessary killing.

but i could be wrong, given the limited facts.

tattoodguy

its not about a summmary execution its about self defence.

The police and everyone has a right to kill someone in self defence.

From what i heard he didnt have a bomb, i hope they can link him to some terrorist activities because seemingly, he was totally unarmed.

If he is totally innnocent - thats pretty bad. But im sure they will have some reason to do what they did.

But for simply having a thick jacket on and running from the police? thats not a crime.

there was an innocent dude who had a large back back on - i guess a tourist near the prime ministers house in london etc - and heaps of police threatened him with machine guns etc?

Just for having a big bag u have a right to have a gun shoved in ur face?

I bet if he ran away or told the cops to get stuffed they would have killed him. Everyone is over reacting to this terrorism crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)