• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ANU or transfer at USyd or UNSW (1 Viewer)

Gerald10

HSC
I have a UAI of 98.7. Not enough for USyd or UNSW but more than enough for ANU.

If anyone wants to offer an opinion on whether I would be better off to go straight into combined law at ANU or to do Arts (or similar) at USyd/UNSW then transfer, it would be much appreciated.

Also is there a large difference between UNSW and USyd Law?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
We should keep a running tally of these threads.

Gerald10

HSC
Well seeing as though you've taken the effort to reply... How has ANU been for you?

HSC
UTS?
Maq?
You know USyd&UNSW aren't the only universities yeah?

If you want to go to ANU and stay there, then apply for that, but there's zero point in applying there if you want to transfer...

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
My point was that your question has been answered countless times, in countless threads. Anyway...

Pros of Doing an Arts Degree
- You don't have to move.
- You'll save money, because you won't need to move out of home immediately.
- You won't lose any time, because you'll be able to get credit for any arts units you do in a combined law program.

Cons of Doing an Arts Degree
- It's an arts degree
- No matter how high your UAI is, you may stuff up academically and miss out on your chance at a transfer.

Re Canberra
- The nightlife is good, and where it lacks in sheer numbers of pubs and clubs it more than makes up for that with variety and affordability.
- College is affordable, you'll make alot of close friends, and if you're a social person you'll be able to build a fantastic social life with a minimum amount of effort.
- I've never been to Usyd, but I personally like our campus more than UNSW's. We have grass. For the record, the med lawn at UNSW doesn't count.

Re ANU
- Our school of arts has top notch philosophy, language, politics and international relations courses.
- Our law school is almost as well regarded as Usyd and UNSW. We have virtually the same facilties as both universities, except that we have a school that looks like it belongs on a ranch in Texas, as opposed to UNSW, which has a law faculty that looks like it belongs in space.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
neo o said:
We should keep a running tally of these threads.
Doesn't bode well with the reading skills required for uni does it :|

Gerald10

HSC
I don't live in Sydney so I have to move anyway. But thankyou for taking the time.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
neo o said:
I personally like our campus more than UNSW's. We have grass. For the record, the med lawn at UNSW doesn't count.
actually we do have a lot of grass now. the new law building is cradled by lawn and the sir anthony mason gardenhttp://www.unsw.edu.au/news/pad/articles/2008/aug/Mason.html.

the law building is ideally located to just about everything at UNSWhttp://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...7398,151.22759&spn=0.002092,0.003455&t=k&z=18: transport on Anzac Parade, the bar at the Roundhouse, tennis courts and sports field, our own law library in-house, two coffee shops, i could go on... :read:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)