• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Any Radiohead fans here? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Originally posted by boycalledfox
whoa cool, radiohead was not necessarily a long shot, they are possibly one of the most well known bands on earth. whats cool is that you mentioned sigur ros, GYBE, autechre etc cus i've been obsessed with those bands recently. sigur ros gives me nice dreams.
Cool cool!

You are the first person I know in Australia that listens to Autechre! Which ones have you heard, which tracks to do you like the most?

I've only got Tri Repetae++ and LP5, but I hope to get the rest pretty soon. Favourite tracks are Corc, Arch Carrier, 777, Fold5 Wrap4 and whole bunch more....

And yes Sigur ros is great for sleeping...

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Originally posted by Alex
Someone recommend me some nice ambient, relaxing music...
Belle and Sebastian! I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
Go to Spacelab and browse around. They have lots of good indie pop, experimental pop, ambient, etc.

Just a suggestion..

HSC
Originally posted by Alex
Someone recommend me some nice ambient, relaxing music...
I just got into ambient stuff...
Try some of Aphex Twin's from Selected Ambient Works 85-92 and Selected Ambient Works Volume 2. Download a track called "Tha"...

Have you heard the Radiohead songs I suggested yet?

boycalledfox

you've got to get autechre - amber
i like the song montreal
also you need to check out boards of canada

not necessarily ambient, but for relaxing music you can't go wrong with massive attack, portishead, dj shadow, mogwai...

HSC
i like the song montreal

not necessarily ambient, but for relaxing music you can't go wrong with massive attack, portishead, dj shadow, mogwai...
yeah I really like boards of canada and autechre as well...
I haven't heard much from portishead tho...

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i like the song montreal

i wanna get the boards of canada album...
i like what i hear of portishead and massive attack on the radio/telly, but they both have a whole stack of releases and so therefore me=confused. anyone reccomend a starting point? thx.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i need some drone music for sleeping/study:

no lyrics
minimal beats-- perhaps nothing regular...
no harsh sounds
but also no whales or dolphin calls...

any suggestions?

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Yay, Massive Attack coming to Australia. Love there music. Any one else going or thinking of going?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by saladsurgery

i wanna get the boards of canada album...
you live in newy right? JB hifi at kotara had it there the other day

back to the topic.........radiohead are posso one of the most influential rock bands of the last decade. you can hear their influence in everyone from godspeed to bloody shihad or whatever, and the shit they were doing on ok computer was way ahead of its time

whats everyones favourite album of theirs? i'd have to say kid a or ok computer would be mine

HSC
Originally posted by Generator
Radiohead...

The group for the young people of the east and north who think that they are learning about the realities of life...

Sorry, but every Radiohead fan that I have met has been from Bondi or the lower north shore.
I'm from the inner west :p

HSC
Originally posted by zannaz
Yay, Massive Attack coming to Australia. Love there music. Any one else going or thinking of going?
I only just got into them.

I downloaded and burnt "Mezzanine" great stuff, favourite tracks so far, Angel, Teardrop, Black Milk and Group Four... but most of the albums good...

When are they coming?

HSC
Originally posted by um..

you live in newy right? JB hifi at kotara had it there the other day

back to the topic.........radiohead are posso one of the most influential rock bands of the last decade. you can hear their influence in everyone from godspeed to bloody shihad or whatever, and the shit they were doing on ok computer was way ahead of its time

whats everyones favourite album of theirs? i'd have to say kid a or ok computer would be mine
I recommend Geogaddi, it's the only one I got, but its was one of my favourite albums last year.

Ok Computer is my favourite closely followed by Kid A, The Bends and Amnesiac are about equal and Pablo Honey I don't really consider a Radiohead album.

I wouldn't say Radiohead influenced Godspeed though, Godspeed don't really like Radiohead cos they reckon that they're hypocrites or something.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah i read that in an interview somewhere, they consider radiohead to be sellouts........but i reckon they do have a definite influence on them, just listening to the wailing guitars and stuff on ok computer the other day it reminded me of them.....on the other hand sonic youth have been doing that shit for years too

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
huge fan... got all the albums spread out around the house
i only actually bought kidA, and the dvd documentary making friends is easy thing. my sisters have the rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)