• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Any stories of people being caught for submitting work for different subjects? (1 Viewer)

tjo176

HSC
As in doing a video for art and a video for ext 2 for example and then caught? If so, did they get punished?

Or is it pretty easy to do?

Not doing this obviously, just curious.

shady145

Banned
HSC
As in doing a video for art and a video for ext 2 for example and then caught? If so, did they get punished?

Or is it pretty easy to do?

Not doing this obviously, just curious.
lol u can do the same major work for many subjects... when i did DAT my teacher gave us an example of someone who did this, they made a pool table, with artisitic features... they used it for DAT and Art major. its allowed

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
yeah its allowed i know people who have done video for ext 2 and art, but they got a shit mark for art cause it was just a film basically. So if you do it has to cover both topics well, not just one well and the other mediorce

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Is this really allowed? Wish I knew about it sooner.

I always assumed it was "plagarising your own work".

Our English teacher didn't let us use the same short story writing pieces for our half yearlies and trials because that would be 'plagarising' :x

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
It's allowed ^_^ (as the above posts have said).

But not many people do it, since it would have to be REALLY awesome to conform to both syllabi and then have something extra in it for those extra marks.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Is this really allowed? Wish I knew about it sooner.

I always assumed it was "plagarising your own work".

Our English teacher didn't let us use the same short story writing pieces for our half yearlies and trials because that would be 'plagarising' :x
How the hell can you plagarise your own work? :rofl2:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Your teacher's a moron.

Edit: Well, I'd only copy a piece again if it did well last time, and if it fit the stimulus.

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
technically speaking you're NOT allowed to do this. it actually says in the syllabus of subjects such as VA, DT and music that students aren't allowed to use their work for other subjects. however, markers wouldn't know if a student had used their work in another subjects, so it's pretty much up to the school to be aware and moderate this at their own discretion.
hehe well my teacher was promoting this idea

bettina44

HSC
probably too late now but i wonder if i can somehow make it so that i can use mr mens as my dt major...

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Aw gosh, my teacher isn't bad D:!!

I don't see the logic in it either, but thats what my teacher apparently heard from another.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I hate to be all annoying and bump an old thread, but the Board of Studies says this:
You will be required to sign a declaration similar to the following:
I declare that:

• the planning, development, content and presentation of this project is my own work, except for the limited material, if any, drawn from acknowledged sources
  • I have not copied another person’s work
  • I have not submitted this work, in any part, for any HSC examination or assessment task in any other course
  • I have not worked on it after 9 am on the completion/hand-in date
  • I have read and discussed with my parent/guardian/carer the Higher School Certificate Rules and Procedures, including those on plagiarism and malpractice
  • I understand that if this declaration contains false information I might not be eligible to receive my Higher School Certificate results.
So no, you cannot submit the same major work for two different subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)