• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

anyone doing accelerated maths?? (1 Viewer)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Originally posted by Jitarth
Shuttup Queenie - Just because you go to Ruse doesn't mean that you are better then other people. I may point out that Ruse is now a lowly 5th in demand for Selective Schools, so don't get all high about it.

You do 9 periods of 80 mins every 2 weeks? So what? I do 9 Periods of 40 mins per week. I have Maths everyday, you don't. SO who cares?

The only reason Ruse does well in the HSC collectively is because you steal 30 of the top students from other Schools to come into yours. Not to mention the amount of work you do. I know several people at Ruse and they all tell me all the do is study.

So even after all that if you didn't do well in the HSC then that would be pretty pathetic.

Build a bridge and get over it.
lol dnt tell me 2 tone down

Jitarth

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by queenie
hey man.. where did i say that i was better than any1 else in here? uve got some issues

and yes, u MAY point out that ruse is 5th in demand... who the hell gives a shit?? where does UR school lie? 150th in demand?
"I do 9 Periods of 40 mins per week. I have Maths everyday, you don't. SO who cares?" obviously no1 cares...

bottom line: GET A LIFE
No 'Queenie' my School is 1st in demand. I go to Baulkham Hills High School.

Thats not the issue. Anyone can do well at any school as long as they put their mind to it, so don't think you are better then anyone else.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Fuck this is dumb. I could have gone to a selective school but chose not to. Why? The quality of teaching is not any better, they do well because they choose their students. Or maybe so I could come on here and say I go to Ruse, I'm so much smarter than you are. I would prefer to be recognised for my own acheivements rather than those of the people who surround me. Seriously people grow up.

Last edited:

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Originally posted by Jitarth
don't think you are better then anyone else.
when the shit did i say that i was better than any1 else?

hyperbola

Originally posted by queenie
yea, thats pretty much it .. the lowest gets like 90ish.. in like ext 1 or 2 anyways... .

we get like 9 lessons every 2 weeks btw... each lesson is 80 mins long ... :(

LOLOL... queenie... ruse lessons are approx. 45 min long each and for 11 students there are 15 maths lessons every 2 weeks... that is a very simple fact... it simply shows that u r not a ruse student...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i do accelerated maths... but i dont go to a selective skool so... :), i realy wanna do ext 2 maths...
i have the best teacher in the world... he is like a text book and we dont realy work out of 1 book(although we are ment 2 be using maths in focus)
he teachers us stuff... gives us examples n the we go do the work...
i have like 5 maths books... coronius, fitzpatrick(omg thats a killer), maths in foucs(Yr 11 n 12) and excel...
how much homework do use do fro maths.. i dont realy do alot.. lol
we jus had our halfyearly... i beat half the Yr12 3unit class and came 18 out of all yr12 and the 14 in Yr11 doin the course... :)
we are up2 expedentials n logarithmic functions... we need 2 do a bit on trig identity and we sould be finised i think.
its not 2 hard...
one question do people here do accelerated 4 3unit or jus 2 unit cos we only do 2unit accelerated no the 3unit shit

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JamiL
i do accelerated maths... but i dont go to a selective skool so... :), i realy wanna do ext 2 maths...
i have the best teacher in the world... he is like a text book and we dont realy work out of 1 book(although we are ment 2 be using maths in focus)
he teachers us stuff... gives us examples n the we go do the work...
i have like 5 maths books... coronius, fitzpatrick(omg thats a killer), maths in foucs(Yr 11 n 12) and excel...
how much homework do use do fro maths.. i dont realy do alot.. lol
we jus had our halfyearly... i beat half the Yr12 3unit class and came 18 out of all yr12 and the 14 in Yr11 doin the course... :)
we are up2 expedentials n logarithmic functions... we need 2 do a bit on trig identity and we sould be finised i think.
its not 2 hard...
one question do people here do accelerated 4 3unit or jus 2 unit cos we only do 2unit accelerated no the 3unit shit
Some schools accelerate in 4u. And in answer to your other questiopn, yes non selective schools do ext 2...most of the time

kpq_sniper017

LOL....

I'm regretting making this post now :) - what with all this bitching and cock-fighting.

But anyway......just to clear things up. People who go to a selective school aren't stuck-up or arrogant. People who go to private schools aren't stuck-up or arrogant. And it doesn't matter which school is in demand! They're all the same! (except a few that really are crap). Whether you go to Ruse, NSBHS or an unknown country school, you can get 100%, a UAI of 100, or come 1st in the state!

Back to accelerated maths:
I accelerate 2U and 3U maths (we finished Prelim. in Year 10, and now we're doing Year 12 - I'm in Yr11).
Do any school accelerate 4U, coz that really is psycho if they do. :)

felafel

yeah my school does, but that's only one or two really crazy students every few years or so - which is quite rare - as you can imagine

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017

Do any school accelerate 4U, coz that really is psycho if they do. :)
I just said that they do! Mostly selective schools.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
Fuck this is dumb. I could have gone to a selective school but chose not to. Why? The quality of teaching is not any better, they do well because they choose their students. Or maybe so I could come on here and say I go to Ruse, I'm so much smarter than you are. I would prefer to be recognised for my own acheivements rather than those of the people who surround me. Seriously people grow up.

true

Jitarth

HSC
N/A
You guys are right. Sorry mate.

It's a pointless debate. Now I got a question - I know Queenie has done [presumably :)] her half-yearlies - Did you have Double Angle Formulae in your half-yearlies?

lilkatie

Im doing accel maths and we finished all of 2unit a couple of weeks before teh hols! how come you are all so far behind we've already done about 15 past hsc papers and teh hsc isn't for ages. Althogh in 3 unit we still have to finish probability meh. Theres about 28 doing accel 2unit, and about 12 in my 3 unit class.

kpq_sniper017

at my school, if you do accel., you have to do 3U - there's no accelerant 2U :)

there are 9 people in my class (including me).

in 2U, we have trig. graphing/differentiation etc and physical apps to do.
in 3U, we have further work on the ones above + binomial th. + inverse functions.
we've already done 3U probability (except for binomial probability)

btw. how do u do past papers when u haven't finished everything? or did u do 15 of them over the last few weeks of the term (and where did u find 3 hours to do them in class?)

oh yea......what did u guys get for prelim. 2U and 3U last year - i.e. overall assessment report mark?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hehe the bitchin was amusing..

yer but dun do accelerated to boast or for scaling .. do it to improve ureself :p

maths is a killer subject n can b fun.. hope ure half yearlies came bak good:)

Last edited:

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
woah this is the 1st ever time ive been in yr 11 thread. if u accel students want somehting to aspire to, in my 2u accel class last year 3 students got 98. shoot for the moon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)