• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone studied the Bachelor of Arts and Business at UNSW (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
It is a 3 year single degree with an entry requirement of 90. The units interested me, I am primarily an arts person, but the business component gives it more practicability and the units seemed alright for the business side.

However because it is only a 3 year degree and a single degree not a double degree I am concerned that it does not give the depth of a commerce degree and was wondering of anyone who is studying or knows more about this degree.

I particularly was interested in the management and negotiation skills this course teaches, however I have placed a bachelor of arts/ law as my first preference at usyd and then mac uni (n.b I don't plan to be a lawyer, I'm using this combined arts/law degree as a foundation degree) and might do postgraduate course in communications, writing, politics, health policy i don't really know yet.

so I really don't know which would be more valuable

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
My friends are doing it, they told me it's like a cheaper version of the commerce/art degree. I personally feel like it as well, I have to say it doesn't give you any depth of a commerce degree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a chat with a uni representative a couple of years back (like 2). When the degree says Bachelor of ____ and Business, it is predominantly a ______ degree and allows you to have a bit of a taste in business courses without having to commit to another degree. They introduced these ____ and Business degrees for students wanting to have some business acumen without actually doing a Commerce Degree.

If you want to get both a business and arts degree then definitely do Commerce/Arts. However, if you don't really want to do business related courses but still want to have a feel for it then do Arts and Business.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)