• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ashes to Ashes (2 Viewers)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Well, do you really think an Aussie will be able to follow up that kind of performance today?

I can read just fine, but thanks for your concern :rolleyes:

The state of the pitch takes nothing away from his performance, to have his side bowled out and embarrased in the first test and to come out and hit a double ton to put them in a strong position for the second is phenomenal.

Last edited:

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
lol. nice catch no catch? :p ?

hmmph. 3/109. lets hope this partnership beats pietersens and collingwoods.
although i must say. england are bowling pretty well.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
they're both out now.

:( </3.... gilchrist ftw?xD if he can get a double ton...never know. :p we might be able to declare after lunch :O (yes. thats like an underestimation of how fast gilchrist can score. :p)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I dunno mate, gilly looked a bit shakey from that reverse swing around the wicket :/

Aw well, the thing with gilly is, if he gets settled in we can expect some big shots.

Hopefully Clarke and Gilly can put on another 100 odd runs and the tail (warne, lee, clark, mcgrath) can chip in 50 more. *touches wood*

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
If they take 4 wickets tonight (especially if it's collingwood and pietersen), there will be a result i reckon.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
stumps @ 1/59. lead of 97 or so?

predicting a draw then? unless an early english declaration ( which i highly doubt would happen.)

BlackDragon

HSC
yeah pomland will have to bat for atleast another session and a half (with a high run rate), or risk losing the match. unless we can force their hand by bowling them out, it looks like a draw.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
far out gilly was in a good form, typical one dayer gilly (get the punt?).

hoggard really got the ball to swing, i noticed that from the balls his bowled, the seam is almost always pointing towards his right, so for an right handed batsman, it's gonna be a heck of a time picking the inswingers from the reserve swings. hence he got 7 wickets.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Victory!

what a win, wow :D

and once again, England somehow manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, or at least, a certain draw :p

Last edited:

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
AMAZING.

AUSTRALIA FTWWWWWW.

GO WARNEY. god that was a beauty towatch. should have jigged school for it.

BlackDragon

HSC
I'm sorry if you disagree, that was one of the greatest test matches of all time!

I mean, England, after the first innings, were 6 DECLARED for 558. And not long after that we were 3/78 and England were looking good. But we batted another 500 up, leaving the match wide open. We got one wicket that evening, but then took 9 WICKETS IN 58 OVERS FOR 74 RUNS and then powered home to score 168 in 36 overs. I mean, that is one of, if not perhaps the best match i've ever seen!.

What a final day. I was so anxious towards the end but we did it. Fuck! A test match for the ages.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
v. GOOD THAT SHOULD SILENCE THE DAD'S ARMY CRITICS AND THOSE STUPID POMS WHO THOUGHT ENGLAND ARE ACTUALLY A GOOD TEAM AND THAT THEY CAN COMPETE WITH AUSTRALIA AND THAT 2005 WAS TEH NORM RATHER THAN A BLIP ON THE RADAR. SUCKED IN ENGLAND.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Unbelievable.

A class performance from "Bowled Warney" and Mr Cricket, one to remember for the ages.

Strewth Duncan, perhaps now you'll give Monty a go and replace that clown Jones for Reed seeing as you have basically no chance to salvage this series :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)