• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ashes to Ashes (2 Viewers)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Exphate said:
Bowling line up?

Lee
McGarth
Warney
Watson (batting at 7)
Now

Clarke or that other dude (left arm fasty...name i forget)
Bracken?

B35tY

HSC
They'll need one lefty in there, so its Bracks or Johnson.

I dunno about Johnson, he might still be a bit raw. Give Bracks a go.

Team should be:

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Martyn (impressed me with recent form, wouldn't have picked him a few months ago)
Hussey
Gilchrist
Watson
Lee (Why the fuck is Warne always batting before Lee?)
Warne
Bracken
McGrath

If Bracken doesn't perform, there's always Johnson and Clark. :D

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
well u guys got good points there, but being a great australian cricket fan, i dont want australia to win 2-1 or 3-2, i want it to be 5-0. and hence, i belive that warson shoudlnt be seleccted. i dont like the way he plays, and he lacks ruthelness win he is getting bashed by a batsmen, he is an ODI palyer

my line up!

hayden
langer
ponting
martyn
brad hodge
hussey
gilchrist
warne
bracken
lee
mcgrath

i think that would most likely being the likely the line up, maybe not hodge, but he is better than watson

i like brackens style, and remebering from last year he did get 4/? against west indies at the gabba.

australia should win the series convincingly, it has been scientifically proven that the poms and whinging bastards wen they loose!

if flintoff doenst perform, 5-0 shouldnt be surprising!

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I reckon:

Hayden
I'm inclinded to go with Langer, but Jaques...geez it's a toughie
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Watson
Gilly
Warne
Lee
Bracken
Mcgrath

4 quicks and a spinner (plus hussey can do a bit with the ball if need be).

with Watson and Bracken's places being the ones up for grabs (Tait, Johnson, S. Clark being the extra choices, the problem being that watson can also do a bit with the bat). In any case, if warne gets injured or if we need an extra spinner (SCG), who do you think will be suitable? Isn't MacGill out with a ban or injury or something?

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
NSW 1/184, jaques made another century, katich has 55 not out on the first day of a 3 day test vs England.

Still about 70ish overs do go for the english, looks like they're gonna have a bit of trouble in the chase.

HSC
England are no hope to win the ashes if we pick this team...

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Clarke
Gilchrist
Lee
Warne
Clark
Mcgrath

Although it would be hard to omit langer...
The poms are in trouble if our PM's XI can slaughter them

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Warne will finally score a test century this series!

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Exphate said:
Trescothik is out. Him being out is another blow for the Pom's, who now have lost both of their sterling openners. Australian recovery of the Ashes, here we come :D

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,20759621-23212,00.html

I hope he recovers quickly, maybe this is an opportunity for an increased acknowledgement and focus on depression in males.
:(
All the best to the man. :(:(

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Looks like he's received a fair bit of outpour. Langer sympathises with him, and a few Aussie golfers have made comments on being in similar positions. Stewart Appleby is going to use his Aust. Open campaign to help Beyond Blue, the Aussie depression initiative, donating $1000 to them for every birdie he pots.

Get well soon :(

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Australia squad:
Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Michael Hussey, Shane Watson, Adam Gilchrist (wk), Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn McGrath, Shaun Tait.

someone explain to me why bracken is not in, and tait gets a chance?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
3-year-olds add unbeaten 721 in 40 overs

Teenagers eclipse Tendulkar-Kambli record

Cricinfo staff

November 16, 2006

Two junior cricketers from Hyderabad created history when they added a world-record 721 runs in 40 overs to eclipse the 664-run stand between Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli set in 1987-88. The St Peter's School openers B Manoj Kumar and Mohammed Shaibaaz Tumbi, both 13, hit an unbeaten 320 and 324 respectively in the Hyderabad Cricket Association Inter-School Under-13 tournament on Wednesday.

Manoj's innings consumed only 120 deliveries and included 46 fours, while Shaibaaz needed just 116 balls and hit 57 fours to batter the St Phillip's High School attack. Neither batsman was informed of the record during their mammoth partnership, which was put together in a single day, unlike the three days shared by Tendulkar and Kambli.

"We knew our individual scores and were told about the world record only when the innings ended," they told The Hindu. "We feel nice to have broken Sachin and Kambli's record.

"I never knew I was breaking a world record. I was just playing for myself and my school. I only realised when I returned to the pavilion that I'd broken a record by scoring a triple century," said Mohammad Shahbaz.

"When we were on the 600-run mark, our coach informed us that there were 38 runs left for the world record and instructed us to play well and not get out. We were under pressure and that's why we played slowly," added Manoj.

The closest any Test batting duo came to going past the Tendulkar-Kambli record was when Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara added 624 for the third wicket against South Africa in Sri Lanka earlier this year.

"When we were on the 600-run mark, our coach informed us that there were 38 runs left for the world record and instructed us to play well and not get out. We were under pressure and that's why we played slowly," said Manoj. Added Shaibaaz, "I was just playing for myself and my school. I only realised when I returned to the pavilion that I'd broken a record by scoring a triple century."

Speaking on the one chance that Manoj gave when on 285, Shaibaaz said: "We deserved that slice of luck. It was our day".

St Phillip's day didn't get much better as the opening bowler Akram picked up 7 for 11 to bowl them out for 21 in seven overs.
WTF - cricinfo

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
its alright mate

i dont see the point of having a million quickies playing in the team, and if its a 13 man squad, where's clarke?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Exphate said:
HOLY FUCK!
Aussie Line Up -the way it should be

Phil Jacques
Michael Hussey
Ricky Ponting (capt)
Damien Martyn
Michael Clarke
Darren Lehmann
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Jason Gillespie
Glenn McGrath
Shaun Tait
v

BlackDragon

HSC
wooh, first test starts this thursday!
hopefully we can get on top early with a strong top order display.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Looks like Watson's got a decent chance to play in the First test, his hamstring injury isn't as bad as was first believed.

HSC
Exphate said:
Quite a shame, was looking forward to Clark playing. He's still going to be in Brisbane on "stand by" leading up to the test.
Clarke should have been in the original squad anyway. Watsons not test match quality, even against a depleted england.
On the Jaques/Langer front, i think the selectors made the right choice with Langer, hes still good enough to play and jaques will be all the more mature and better to replace him when he retires.

Only 4 days to go!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)