• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Assessment in University (1 Viewer)

skathe

HSC
Hi, I'm planning to do a engineering course at uni next year. I was wondering what methods they use to assess you, (ie. tests, assignments, orals). An idea of how many tests/assignments/orals a semester or year would be very helpful.

Thanks. :)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
just started 1st year and havent had a very detailed read of the upcoming exams/assignments etc, but it seems to be:

maths- class tests and exams
physics- online quiz, class tests, exams and lab work
computing- lab work and a few assignments
engineering design- few mini projects and a major project which is focused mainly on the documentation

edit: and there is an oral component to the engineering design major project, but this will be as a group presentation.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The majority of it is maths-like quizes with some group projects and labs. There may be a couple of oral type presentations throughout your degree.

You wont have to do many essays, if any.

skathe

HSC
Thanks for the information. I'm happy to hear that there are not many oral presentations and that they are done in groups aswell =)

I feel much more comfortable doing tests, essays, assignments

yay

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There will be some oral presentations depending on your stream and who your lecturer is (e.g. in aero we did oral presentations, we did some in physics as well, but there weren't any others to my recollections, though you're probably going to need to do a 40 min presentation for your thesis work).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)