• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR estimate please (1 Viewer)

frozensunset

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

I would like an ATAR estimate for the following ranks I've achieved after my half-yearlies:
Advanced English: 1/53
Mathematics Extension 1: 1/25
Mathematics: 1/47
Physics: 1/13
Economics: 1/11
Chemistry: 1/20

School rank varies between 300-500. Is aiming for 99 a bit far-fetched? I know my ranks seem a bit unrealistic since they're all first... but my school does suck. I really wanted to try out for selective a couple years back, but I figured I would be okay at my school, until I understood the whole scaling procedure...

I understand my ATAR does depend on externals, but I'd really like an actual ATAR estimate. Thanks.

P.S. someone from my school did receive a 99 ATAR back in 2009, with subjects that have lower scaling, e.g. business studies, but those subjects are the more 'popular' subjects in my school in comparison with what I do. I.e, they have bigger class sizes. Since then, the duxes of my school have received ATARs between 94 and 98. Just thought I'd add that in to see if anyone thinks I could be capable of a 99 ATAR.

v1

HSC
yes u can 99+ you should be aiming around 92-94 for all subjects

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes you are capable of 99 atar, just keep those ranks.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
Because you are first in all subjects, and assuming you'll get first in all your exams, it'll all come down to your marks in your final HSC exams. You could get 99.95 or you could get 90. If you do go to an average school just make sure you get 10 marks above second place or something.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Because you are first in all subjects, and assuming you'll get first in all your exams, it'll all come down to your marks in your final HSC exams. You could get 99.95 or you could get 90. If you do go to an average school just make sure you get 10 marks above second place or something.
This! Your marks will mostly be effected by you if not then they wI'll be effected solely by you
Just keep up what youre doing now and ykure bound to get a good mark!!
Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)