• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR help please! (1 Viewer)

Aliyas

HSC
I go to a school that doesn't have a great rank...it's in the middle somewhere. Not sure of its exact ranking.

Anyway, I am first in Biology, Ext 1 English, Ext 2 English and doing well in General Maths. However I am not doing so well in Advanced English and Physics (barely passing Physics). I'm average in Religion.

Is it possible for me to achieve an atar of 80+? I know I will do fine in the first 4 subjects I mentioned, however I probably can't improve in Advanced and Physics. I just really would love an ATAR of 80+, and I am trying super hard in all my subjects, so is it possible?

EDIT (adding ranks):
Biology: 1/45
Ext 1: 1/28
Ext 2: 1/13
Gen Maths: 5/60
Advanced: 24/90
Physics: 10/17
Religion: 10/70

Last edited:

Levity

HSC
What is your school rank? Assuming a school rank of ~200 I would say ~94

Aliyas

HSC
I'm not sure what the rank is to be honest, and I'm not sure how to find out, either. I'm fairly certain it's in the 300s however.

Coookies

HSC
You should consider dropping physics so you can focus on your other subjects

Mdzabakly

HSC
What is your school rank? Assuming a school rank of ~200 I would say ~94
how is this even possible with the adv english rank, as well as general maths, which has horrible scaling, ext english scales only abit higher than adv.
your looking at 80+ atm as long as you dont get any worse. if your really failing phys you should talk to your teacher and see if they can help you, otherwise, id probably get tutoring , else you will be left with a subject pulling the rest of your marks down.

Last edited:

Aliyas

HSC
how is this even possible with the adv english rank, as well as general maths, which has horrible scaling, ext english scales only abit higher than adv.
your looking at 80+ atm as long as you dont get any worse. if your really failing phys you should talk to your teacher and see if they can help you, otherwise, id probably get tutoring , else you will be left with a subject pulling the rest of your marks down.
I won't get worse, I know that for sure. Anyway, we have an assessment task soon for advanced so I am going to try to pull my rank up a bit. But as long as I get around 80 I'll be happy...

barbernator

HSC
you have a lot to learn mate

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I daresay you're looking at least 85+.

keeski

HSC
Even if you don't get better at physics you can just drop it, you have 12 Units :D

Mdzabakly

HSC
you have a lot to learn mate
well even with 11 units, a unit that is at almost failing, will bring you down considerably, so obviously you don't know Any more than me.

I won't get worse, I know that for sure. Anyway, we have an assessment task soon for advanced so I am going to try to pull my rank up a bit. But as long as I get around 80 I'll be happy...
with the 3 num 1 ranks your deff 80+ or 85+, so no need to worry.

Aliyas

HSC
well even with 11 units, a unit that is at almost failing, will bring you down considerably, so obviously you don't know Any more than me.

with the 3 num 1 ranks your deff 80+ or 85+, so no need to worry.
Okay, I'll try and keep those ranks up then. Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)