• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Attn: Those Upset About Election - READ BEFORE POSTING (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Man...I actually changed my mind on election day and voted for Latham...not for the right reasons though....:p

If Costello becomes leader, I'll vote for him for sure....

EDIT:

why do my posts keep ending up on top of the thread creator's initial post?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Hopefully we'll see a more aggressive Latham over the next 3 years, I think we need to 'bring back the biff' in parliament. Australia was forged on the old biff and i think Latham could be the one to bring it back.

If Latham knocks out an MP, particulary Abbott, i'll vote for him :)
If he smacks Fred Nile around Ill vote for him.

cattlefat

Another freakin' FOUR YEARS! I hope the rest of Australia is worrried, because now that Howard won the election, I think our generation might never see the end of Liberal leadership. If his lies about the tampa, and the WMDs in Iraq wouldnt get him out, then what will?

Rorix

HSC
If you find this describes you, don't bother posting. Thank you.

Oh wow, the usual ALP bullshit. Do you guys ever actually lose elections, or does the Liberal party just cheat?

Anyone that says Latham ran a positive campeign is just bullshitting e.g. 'john howard lies', why just yesterday i saw Latham saying John Howard was a racist.

What the fuck is wrong with you people, seriously? The people of Australia voted and they decided they didn't like your guy, and now you're up here bitching about democracy.

Because obviously YOUR VOICE should be more important than everyone else's in the country, because like YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR THE PEOPLE and all.

Maybe if the ALP like, appealed to the people, you wouldn't lose the Senate, you wouldn't LOSE SEATS TWO ELECTIONS IN A ROW TO A THIRD AND FORTH TERM GOVERNMENT.

oh wait, they were cheating

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I reckon latham would have done alot better if he was his usual self :)
Look at the greens? They've been going nuts and they're doing very good.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I'm guessing that the view is different from the high-chair.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, if Latham started hitting people, he'd have won. Mostly because of this:

"Oi McFarlane, wanna raise interest rates? *SMACK DOWN*"
and also,
"Oi JI, you wanna bomb us?! *SMACK DOWN*"

He can do that because he hates them.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hopefully we'll see a more aggressive Latham over the next 3 years, I think we need to 'bring back the biff' in parliament. Australia was forged on the old biff and i think Latham could be the one to bring it back.

Comrade nathan

HSC
I had more respect for Lathem when he was more open, when i found out he ripped into Bush and Howard i thought wow he is a great guy. When he started to calm down i thought he was a sellout.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
My wish is that people are thankful that we live in a nation superior to almost any other on Earth (to me at least). Don't take the victory away from Howard... as an aside it was nice to see the smile on his face considering the hardships he faced in the 80's and early 90's.

Do you think history may repeat and the coalition may win 5 terms? It seems we've got the perfect setup for Costello to win an unwinnable election and get slammed in a landslide in 2010 :p

In regards to Rorix's post, I do genuinely believe that some views are more important than others. Equality is communism; never going to be workable. Why should apathetic people who donkey vote/ make their mind up on the basis of an ad on TV be seen as important as the people who bother to pay a semblance of attention.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Estel said:
Don't take the victory away from Howard... as an aside it was nice to see the smile on his face considering the hardships he faced in the 80's and early 90's.
You mean like when he failed to pass the legislation on a policy that limited Asian immigration, Re: white Australia policy?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
shazzam said:
You mean like when he failed to pass the legislation on a policy that limited Asian immigration, Re: white Australia policy?

I just about to bring that up.

malkin86

HSC
I don't believe that it is healthy to have a Liberal Senate and a Liberal government - I'm afraid it will grant them an effective monopoly and reduce the Senate's credibility to being a rubber stamp.
I also believe it would be equally unhealthy to have a Labor Senate and a Labor government, or any other kind of clear majority in both govt. and Senate.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:

Me too :)

Have you noticed his speaking technique? He repeats everything twice, he repeats everything twice, to emphasise the point. Really annoying.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
cattlefat said:
Another freakin' FOUR YEARS! I hope the rest of Australia is worrried, because now that Howard won the election, I think our generation might never see the end of Liberal leadership. If his lies about the tampa, and the WMDs in Iraq wouldnt get him out, then what will?
I'm pretty sure its 3 actually.

jameseginton

HSC
I must be the only one, besides Bob Brown, that think the greens were terrible. They only had a swing of 2% and when you consider the Democrats lost 5%. They're meant to be Australia's third party but they don't even have a seat in the lower house, in fact lost one in the latest election. They don't have the balance of power in the senate either. I don't know, i thought the only parties to do well were the coalition and family first, who are more likely to have greater control than the greens.

rumour

HSC
shazzam said:
When did he try to do that?

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
In the late 1980s, when he campaigned for the leadership of the Liberal party within the HOR but failed to get the position.

I believe it was 1988 specifically.

Nevertheless it was well known that the Howard household, ie the one that his mother ran, was resentful towards "undesirables", thus we have the current situation with the asylum seekers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)