• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Autonomy Day!! (1 Viewer)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
It's been pretty good so far. I just got back from bar on the hill, I didnt get to go in iron gut because there were to many people wanting to do it (although i was on stage and DID complete the mandatory task of exposing yourself to the crowd to qualify :p)

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
the free food and drink was awesome, myself and a couple of others went on afterwards to happy hour at the tanner bar. that was a great night.

In the faculty of engineering you are placed on the deans merit list if you have a WAM(Weighted Average mark) over the cut off for First Class Honours.
http://www.eng.newcastle.edu.au/current/psb/deans-awards.html

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
evilc said:
It's been pretty good so far. I just got back from bar on the hill, I didnt get to go in iron gut because there were to many people wanting to do it (although i was on stage and DID complete the mandatory task of exposing yourself to the crowd to qualify :p)
Shameful:p, lucky I didn't go then;).

mrbassman said:
the free food and drink was awesome, myself and a couple of others went on afterwards to happy hour at the tanner bar. that was a great night.
Was there free alcohol:eek:?

mrbassman said:
In the faculty of engineering you are placed on the deans merit list if you have a WAM(Weighted Average mark) over the cut off for First Class Honours.
http://www.eng.newcastle.edu.au/current/psb/deans-awards.html
Well congratulations then mrbassman:). Do you know if they have something similar for other faculties:confused:?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
there was free alcohol alright! What else would you expect from an engineering function? lol

some other faculties just send out congratulations via letter

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mrbassman said:
there was free alcohol alright! What else would you expect from an engineering function? lol
Oh, only for Engineering students though, right? Was that the "Kegs Under the Bridge" event:confused:?

mrbassman said:
some other faculties just send out congratulations via letter
Pfft, thats not worth the effort:(.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Merethrond said:
Oh, only for Engineering students though, right? Was that the "Kegs Under the Bridge" event:confused:?

Pfft, thats not worth the effort:(.
Nope, Dean's merit list was a seperate function in the brennan room last wednesday, basically free drink and food and a few awards given to people

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
evilc said:
Nope, Dean's merit list was a seperate function in the brennan room last wednesday, basically free drink and food and a few awards given to people
Oh, I thought mrbassman was saying that there was free alcohol at Autonomy Day:eek:.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
evilc said:
So, who is going to be at autonomy day tomorrow? I will be there sporting a top hat made from a carlton draught carton (red) and a high BAC :D
saw you there a couple of times. A very nicely crafted top hat, i must say. impressive

great day overall

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
FadeToBlack said:
saw you there a couple of times. A very nicely crafted top hat, i must say. impressive

great day overall

Yeah, was a pretty good day overall. I was nowhere near as drunk as i was last year which made the day better in many ways and worse in some. I started drinking at 6:20am and finished drinking at about 2pm. One of my friends stole me a big tooheys old sign from the bar, so i have some more decoration for my wall :D

The top hat seemed to go down pretty well :D A few people wanted to wear it and take photos of me wearing it :p it was also good for smuggling beer into the bar.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
FadeToBlack said:

great day overall
I hope one of those times wasn't while he was flashing;).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
provided physical and mental age are at least slightly similar, it is all good ;)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
you stayed with ben at international house in block 8 a couple of weeks ago didnt you natstar?

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
evilc said:
you stayed with ben at international house in block 8 a couple of weeks ago didnt you natstar?
do you live on campus? what's that like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)