• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

AYAA - Australian Youths Against Aids (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Basically, we are just a new society at uni. Trying to set ourselves up this semester and need more members!

Our goals are to raise awareness of AIDS and funds for the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative. We have a raffle planned in October and hope to organise other events.

So please come down and sign up. Its only $2.50. (Mention BOS and you get a hug). As I said, we have just started and can do with the support.

Thanks guys,
Rahul.

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Sounds good, if it's still there on Thursday I'll join for sure!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Maybe you guys could organise a group outing to see 'Rent', currently playing at IO Myers theatre at UNSW till the 12th.

For those not in the know, 'Rent' is a rock musical that tells the year in the life of a group of impoverished young bohemian artists dealing with life and love, under the shadow of AIDS in New York's East Village. It's won a shitload of awards..

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Sounds like a worthy cause - What is the inspiration and motivation behind this group?

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
Maybe you guys could organise a group outing to see 'Rent', currently playing at IO Myers theatre at UNSW till the 12th.

For those not in the know, 'Rent' is a rock musical that tells the year in the life of a group of impoverished young bohemian artists dealing with life and love, under the shadow of AIDS in New York's East Village. It's won a shitload of awards..
Just don't see the movie, whatever you do. Loved the play, but the movie was all kinds of suck.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
GoodToGo said:

Thanks, will look into it.
lcf said:
Sounds like a worthy cause - What is the inspiration and motivation behind this group?
Our president (a good friend of mine) has a soft spot for it. So I guess she decided to make a difference! I joined it because, as you said, it is a good cause and also since it is my last semester at uni, I want to experience all that is there.
Cyan_phoeniX said:
hey, i think i saw that tent today. were you there?
If anyone was there, it was me. :D
Stop by next time.

We are next to the ECFS one.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
didn't find your stall 2day ><
Well, coz i was in a rush. But then at 4, all stalls are Closed o_O???

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yeah...I was in a lecture at that time actually. From about 11am till 2pm is when the action happens.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
redruM said:
If anyone was there, it was me. :D
Stop by next time.
really?! even around 12:50? stalked! woot! there was an indian guy with glasses, was that you? i should have paid closer attention. for some reason i thought you were short.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
iambored said:
really?! even around 12:50? stalked! woot! there was an indian guy with glasses, was that you? i should have paid closer attention. for some reason i thought you were short.
Yeah that was me.

See you tomorrow marchetta!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha yey, i had no idea what you looked like. because i had this idea in my head that you were short, when i saw the stall and saw you i didn't pay much attention because i didn't think it was you and i didn't want to be dodgy if it was you ( :S stupid now that i think of it). i didn't hunt the stall down, i walked past it on my way to the sam building, i promise :eek: .

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
iambored said:
haha yey, i had no idea what you looked like. because i had this idea in my head that you were short, when i saw the stall and saw you i didn't pay much attention because i didn't think it was you and i didn't want to be dodgy if it was you ( :S stupid now that i think of it). i didn't hunt the stall down, i walked past it on my way to the sam building, i promise :eek: .
I'll shout your membership if you reveal yourself! :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
redruM said:
I'll shout your membership if you reveal yourself! :p
pfft, i'd prefer to pay for my membership since it's going to a good cause
you'll have to shout me something else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)