• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Social Science (1 Viewer)

Homey

Homey
HSC
N/A
I am STRONGLY considering B Social Science ( i am in B Science, but I don’t like it and has no relevance to my future goals), can someone who actually does it at Macquarie let me know how they are finding it?

Also, does it actually offer you skills?? i was looking at the UNSW program, and theirs actually has Social Science SUBJECTS with practical skills such as policy analysis etc. At Macquarie, it says that we need AT LEAST one unit from each of those categories, eg one from Applied and Policy Studies, but i realise that really, its just a mixture of other subjects from different fields put under this "Applied and Policy Studies" heading. I mean will you actually gain social science skills from these random subjects? It seems UWS and UNSW actually offer practical skills for this degree ON TOP of selecting subjects of interest.

Can someone please inform me about this, and let me know how they are going.
Also what you personally plan on using your degree for.

Thanks a lot.

X

xeuyrawp

Homey said:
I am STRONGLY considering B Social Science ( i am in B Science, but I don’t like it and has no relevance to my future goals), can someone who actually does it at Macquarie let me know how they are finding it?

Also, does it actually offer you skills?? i was looking at the UNSW program, and theirs actually has Social Science SUBJECTS with practical skills such as policy analysis etc. At Macquarie, it says that we need AT LEAST one unit from each of those categories, eg one from Applied and Policy Studies, but i realise that really, its just a mixture of other subjects from different fields put under this "Applied and Policy Studies" heading. I mean will you actually gain social science skills from these random subjects? It seems UWS and UNSW actually offer practical skills for this degree ON TOP of selecting subjects of interest.

Can someone please inform me about this, and let me know how they are going.
Also what you personally plan on using your degree for.

Thanks a lot.
I supposed you've looked here?

Do you realise a BA student can do all of the units that a BSocSci student does? There's really no point in doing the degree, as you can still do all the same subjects and get the same 'social science skills' are you put it.

What are your future goals? If they involve jobs, I would recommend doing something like International Studies/Communication or something. Again, I could od all the IntStu and IntCom subjects in a BA, but I think having 'that degree' is good.

Homey

Homey
HSC
N/A
thank alot for that, its put me in perpective, its just this information doesnt really communicated to you properly, im glad its not too late...thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)