• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

bachelor of edu help (1 Viewer)

dorablogz

HSC
does any one out there know if it is possible to gain a bachelor of education (k-12) and major in TAS, or is it only possible to major in geo, maths, english and IT?

dorablogz

HSC
well at first i was interested in doing a bachelor of edu (primary) but when i looked at the csu website i saw it was possible to do a b of edu (k-12)... BUT in the secondary part i could major in either geo, maths, eng, IT, and i was just wondering if there were any unis that offered TAS as a subject major

dorablogz

HSC
thankyou very much for your help! as you both probably know it is extremely difficult to choose a uni course that best suits you.. thats why i thought i would ask! thanks again!

goddess23

HSC
N/A
The CSU course is definitely an interesting one. I myself chose secondary teaching when i finished school a few years ago and have transferred between secondary, primary and adult education - simply because i didn't know which one to settle for.

What i did was this: i finished secondary after realising that primary wasn't for me (not challenging enough) and then did adult education as a grad dip.
The CSU course is giving you immense choices so I personally think it's a fantastic course which i wish was around when i was trying to select courses!

Of course, it's ultimately up to you but since it sounds like such a great course which gives you many options once you've finished it, why don't you do it. You will probably touch on technology subjects when you get to the high school teaching component and if you are still interested then, you would easily be able to do a Grad Dip in Secondary Teaching (Technology) at a range of unis. Grad Dips are only an extra year. Trust me - although it sounds like an eternity (5 years all up), uni life is the best and cause you'll love it so much, it'll go by so quickly!!!

Good luck and keep us posted as to what you decide. I'd love to hear about what you decide!

=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)