• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bad mark in first maths assessment.. b6 gone? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Yo guys I got 83% in my first mathematics assessment, I freaking missed 2 questions worth 5 marks in total cause I was so blinddd arghhh help!

Please give me honest opinions. My school is ranked like 120 or something.

And now I'm worried my rank's gonna skyrocket - the opposite way :(

Last edited:

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Nothing wrong with that bro... I got 78%! STUPID MISTAKES as usual - guess what I'm doing these holidays!

ATAR Achiever

HSC
Yeah same here, stupid mistakes as usual, but I don't think its too late to catch up and even get ahead, because we have the holidays, and our goals are achievable if we work hard and have perseverance!!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
No way, your actual marks don't count at all for your internal tasks as the only thing used from them is your performance relative to the cohort.

Just work on your performances across the year and get as close to first as possible as your internals are determined through the relative gap between yourself and first. I won't expand but the important thing for your internal marks is this gap.

As for your externals, this is not impacted at all.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
What was the assessment weighting?

And your chances of B6 are not dashed, just focus on getting your rank up there if you want a B6 :) Your rank essentially is more important than your internal marks, so just make sure you're ranked relatively high for that B6!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Thanks so much guys for your support <3

The weighting is 14% and the top mark was like 98. I know that right now I'm definitely ranking low. What is the minimum rank I would need for B6?
Also in MX2, do those people get ranked for mathematics?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Nothing wrong with that bro... I got 78%! STUPID MISTAKES as usual - guess what I'm doing these holidays!
Aww man I feel your pain :(

How can I stop making silly mistakes? I made 3 of those FMLL!

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Thanks so much guys for your support <3

The weighting is 14% and the top mark was like 98. I know that right now I'm definitely ranking low. What is the minimum rank I would need for B6?
Also in MX2, do those people get ranked for mathematics?
14%? But it's not divisible by 5...(weightings are usually nice numbers divisible by 5 lol)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You should do three things
1)Stop panicking and be realistic-doing bad in one assessment is highly unlikely to wreck your chances of getting a 'band 6'
2)Learn from your mistakes and remember to read over the exam paper carefully-i.e. at least twice before you start doing the questions-it is ok to make mistakes, as long as you don't make the same mistake twice:)
3)Concentrate on any other upcoming assessments, remember to keep doing practice questions/papers throughout the year, and if there is anything you don't understand-ask your teacher-whether it is at the end of lesson, after school, before school-don't wait before it is too late

Relax, keep a positive and focused mindset, keep working hard and all my best wishes for you doing well this year. Remember, if you believe you can get a band 6-you will and you can-it all lies in one's mentality and attitude:)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Thank you so much!!

@Kurosaki Yeah it's weird but apparently they only halve the 14%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)