• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bands On The OC.. GRRR (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
TaperJeanGirl said:
I watch the OC. It's entertaining - and if people don't seem to understand that TV is entertainment and not the fucking bible or a statement of your intellectual capacity then that's their problem. Just because I watch the OC doesn't mean I'm a retard/superficial/skank or whatever. Just like watching Four Corners and SBS doesnt make you smart.
Phew. Now that I got that off my chest, I agree with the whole music thing. I mean, it's great that the bands get exposure, but you know...you kind of get protective of your favourite bands - it's the whole "i liked them first" thing. It's kind of like what Espo said...I mean, it's the truth. I did like "all that music" wayyy before the OC was on, and now all my friends have the OC soundtracks and claim to be "indie" and i know i shouldn't be, but I get frustrated with them! Oh well, at least they let me make them mix cds now....
damn straight .

HSC
Just as long as no one catches onto the Shins when they appear on the show, or at least enough to give them a taste of fame and fortune and push them onto a major label

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Why is that unfortunate? And I'll admit the movie was none-too-subtle in that regard
it was unfortunate because you fail to understand what sarcasm means.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
Trippendicular said:
Just as long as no one catches onto the Shins when they appear on the show, or at least enough to give them a taste of fame and fortune and push them onto a major label
er the shins are already pretty widely known mate.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I didn't watch the first series of The OC, 'cause I thought it looked like shit. In the second series, I started watching it and thought it was hilarious. One tiny little thing happens and their lives go spinning out of control. I loved the episode where it rained- the poor little idiots! Now, I'm addicted to it. It's like a drug. You get high from laughing at their pathetic little lives and think, "Thank God I'm not like them!"

Also another thing I'd like to say is: people who only like music because it's not "mainstream" are LOSERS. You like to feel special because noone knows who you're talking about, then as soon as they become popular (as they WILL if they're good) you drop them, saying they're uncool. JUST BECAUSE MUSIC IS POPULAR WITH ALL AGES-INCLUDING TEENY BOPPERS- DOESN'T MEAN IT IS CRAP! On the contrary, it usually means it's great!

There you go, that's my opinion. If you don't agree- I couldn't give a damm!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
apparantly they played switchfoot on the OC, which probably explains the amount of teenyboppers at their concert

HSC
death cab for cutie were on last week.

i wanted to throw something at the television in frustration .. not because i don't love the band, they're one of my favourites ever, just the fact that they were on the oc and all the characters are like "omfg, death cab, so rad!"

7th Sign

HSC
pffft eho cares it the oc ....people who wotch it should dieeeeeeee.......people who listen to the music of the oc should dieeeeeeeeeee people who talk about the oc should dieeeeeeeeeeeee........

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
7th sign should dddiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

anyways this belongs in the music section... piss off pierotte

icecreamdisco

HSC
all you 3rd-rate polka dot clad teenage pseudo-hipsters need to get a life. who the fuck cares that attractive, vapid TV characters like the same bands as you? and that might mean that people you believe you are superior to will get switched on to those same bands? you're all buying into a stupid false reality that entails that bands have to be on a certain level of obscurity in order for you to like them; not too obscure, because you can't form an opinion about music without having the right amount of the right people to do it for you, silly! you're all as brainwashed as the supposed masses that you stupidly attempt to decry.

so go listen to something worthwhile instead. some turkish blues, maybe. shit is good.

Last edited:

zombie_artfag

HSC
i stopped reading pitchfork when they gave andrew wk's masterpiece i get wet a mere 0.6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)