• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Beijing Olympics 2008 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
It would be better if they died after the match - after they get their ass kicked, that is.

This reminds me of a memory I have of the 2000 olympics. I saw the womens USA basketball team against, I think it was Korea (live that is, not on TV). Anyway, the USA team were absolute bitches. Don't know if this is common but whenever the opposing team shot a penalty they would scream out to try and distract them.. The opposing team never did it...
lol maybe that was the crowd screaming out? I don't think that players can audibly distract the opposition during free throws (or maybe you could at that stage)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
lol you mean he was talking about his sister being gay?
haha. no :p

Throughout the event the commentators kept saying how the pole vault guy's parents were watching the event but that his sister was out 'because she couldn't bare to watch how it turned out' (or something along those lines). Anywayz, when they interviewed the pole vaulter, he said that the real reason why his sister was out was because she wanted to party (but it is the way he said it - it was gayish).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the US' defense has been average thus far: we're just sucking with our shots. The US really aren't doing anything special, it's just that for some reason the shots aren't being sunk and the aussies' defense is horrid.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
lol maybe that was the crowd screaming out? I don't think that players can audibly distract the opposition during free throws (or maybe you could at that stage)
I would have thought they wouldn't be allowed to either - but it was definitely the players screaming out. They all chanted the same thing in unison, it seemed really planned.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
goddammit 12 point lead already. Maybe them all suddenly dying right now wouldn't be a bad idea.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
we're getting pwned :(

5/27 field goals for australia!!! holy shit. that's the lowest % i've seen: 18.5%.

we've got more shots than the US, we're just screwing them up

stazi

Nightman
HSC
actually, as I tuned out for a bit it looks like the US have 6 more fouls, with two players very close to being fouled out. This may advantage us in the 4th.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not much point for more updates: we're completely gone. there was a chance when we were 13 points down and the US was in foul trouble, but we just kept missing shots. 19 down is too large a margin to overcome given our FG %

stazi

Nightman
HSC
25-5 offensive rebounds australia's way and still we're losing by 20. that's just embarrassing. we've had so many second chance opportunities yet can't even convert those

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
bloody hell! did you see what the Cuban taekwondo guy did? A kick right in the refs face (got a life ban for that):O

(on other news: The Opal match was quite disappointing)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahahahaha yeah, that's insane. pretty bad kick, no wonder he was losing

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
fuckkkk

such a disappointment :(

I thought the Opals had it in the bag this time

HalcyonSky

HSC
gold in diving

why do divers seem to be the most amazingly ripped athletes out of any sport

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh nearly over.

I can't wait for the paralympics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)