• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best preparation for trials? (1 Viewer)

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Hey pls,
Just wondering...What are the some of the best ways to make use of the time now to prepare for the trials. Like, I know that some sort of studying should be done at this point of time but I'm not sure about the specific ways to approach things like like aspects such as study methods, textbooks etc...i dunno..going through entire modules over and over?. Btw, I do all sciences, English 2 unit and Maths 3 unit incase anyone was wondering..

I mean, I just feel so ....I dunno....I have this sudden fiery passion in me (hopefully not just temporary , lol ) to do well for trials to make up for those medicore marks I obtained in the half-yearlies.Seriously. I mean, any advices from those who'd been through the experience of prior to the trials? Best ways to prepare for trials(anything!) ? I know there are plenty of 08 ers out there who were disappointed with their half yearlies results and would like to improve in their trials. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks..!~

danz90

HSC
I think going over dot points that you're not 100% on is a good start. Also just general revision and making some notes.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
You're in year 12 and you don't know how to study?

Jesus - make some notes as you go through the year, revise those notes 4-5-6 weeks before exams, 2-3 weeks before exams you do past papers.

THAT IS ALL.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
I don't know what subjects you do but if you do subjects where syllabus memorisation (eg Business Studies) start doing that or if you need to write essays (eg English, Economics, Ancient History) then make lists of all the possible essay questions and start memorising the structure you would use to answer them + any quotes, statistics, sources etc. Then if this becomes second nautre before the trials you can focus on more and more detail as you go.
Also, past papers with exact timing and conditions.
Study effectively and with a particular purpose in mind (for example to memorise the English essay structure and quotes in 2 days time).
Stay consistent with your study.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
The best thing you can do to improve and prepare for the trials is to get your half yearly papers out, and see where you went wrong. Identify your weaknesses, and work around these + keep practising.

sasa-o8

HSC
I have my trials week 9 of this term and haven't started studying yet. Screwed over big time

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
jeez, does anyone remember that past papers are the best way to practice?

Sonata

HSC
sasa-o8 said:
I have my trials week 9 of this term and haven't started studying yet. Screwed over big time
sht thats a bit early? i got mine after Term 3 holidays

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
just do summaries, learn them (find how you learn the best e.g. reading, listening) and practice past papers.

sasa-o8

HSC
yer8899 said:
do you have assignments due throughout this term?
Yep, most people from my grade finished their batch of assessments this week. Will SOMEHOW have to fit in studying whilst doing normal classes + hw :S

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
seano77 said:
I don't know what subjects you do
Didn't she say she's doing all the science subs, English and 3u maths?:lol:

Anyway, have to agree you should do past papers. I think doing those in the last 7 years (2001-2007) plus the trials of some top schools is a better idea. The past papers of the years before that were just, OMG, gloomy. I simply can't force myself to do them 'cuz they seem like centuries ago.

I bet you're taking notes along the year already so read them 'for fun', just a way to relax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)