• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Biology- help (1 Viewer)

Lina93

HSC
Hey guys

Can you please help me out. I have a Bio assignment and I just have no idea what to write for this question- I can't find info! :confused:

Analyse information from secondary sources and use available evidence to propose reasons for the evolution, survival and extinction of species with reference to specific Australian examples.

If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it LOTS!

saberbladexx

HSC
Hey guys

Can you please help me out. I have a Bio assignment and I just have no idea what to write for this question- I can't find info! :confused:

Analyse information from secondary sources and use available evidence to propose reasons for the evolution, survival and extinction of species with reference to specific Australian examples.

If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it LOTS!
LOL i guess google doesn't cut the first part with evolution XD look up "reasons for evolution" LOLZ.
Available evidence for reasons for evolution,survival and extinction of species:
I'm guessing you're doing chapter 4 of the prelim course, so i'll refer to that some what. Refer to the contenents drifting apart, and similar fossils found at the boundary lines and due to the cause of this contenental drift environmental conditions differred to that of the original conditions on pangea, therefore due to the drastic differentiation in climates and other variations (i.e amount of prey/predator/mating partners, rainfall levels, temp etc etc), organism with favoured characteristics and which were able to adapt to the new evironment were able to survive and these genes were trasnfered to the offspring, while those who couldn't adapt died. Hence we can conclude evolution is required for individuals in a species to survive when faced in a drastic change in their habitat/environment.

Hence the extinction of a species occurs when no individuals of the select species can adapt to the altered environment etc.

Evidence for evolution: Fossil records and fossil comparasons show common fossils found on the borderlines of contenents in the sedimentary rock of the same age are similar.
These Fossils are compared to the current day living organisms which are found to have identicle etc etc.
Due to contenental drift these oraganisms were exposed to different environments and either adapted and there by altered their characteristics( physical being the primary one) and as a large scale period of time passed aspects of divergent evolution is present when comparing the organisms which evolved from the common ancestor.
Examples of Australian animals, Emu, related to Gondwanian flightless birds, only found in Gondwanian countries/contenents.

I've been high on anime/manga this whole holidays because i've had no homework and i wanted to relax, so i apologise beforehand if what i wrote sounds 'crappy'. Hope i helped somehow, but i tried just giving some ideas.
:haha:

Lina93

HSC
Thank you SO MUCH!

thanks a million really, what you wrote helped lots!:)

you know you're so lucky you don't have any homework, i have 4 assignments to do :( and i have an English one which I don't know what to write for it..

but anyway, thanks so much- you really helped ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)