• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Boardgames (1 Viewer)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Monopoly was pretty good, use to play another game, not exactly board game - jenga (??) I think . . .?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Mojoman said:
we started at like 10pm, packed up at 3am
Oh, that is a relatively short game. I have been involved in games that have gone for days:)!

Farnarcle said:
Yeah, Ive the the new Risk, it's pretty mad. But the last and only time I played with a full house nobody else had a clue how to play so it sucked.
There is a new version? Is it much different? Yeah, that is the bad thing about RISK, it takes a long time to explain the rules to someone who has never played it before, and then once you have, they are usually pretty bad and so the game is usually over quite fast:).

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
monopoly has been the uni holidays fad for me.

played it through the whole night, ie midnight till 6am :p :lol:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
super katie said:
what is this RISK of which you speak? and why does no one ever play snakes and ladders anymore? i swear i kicked ass at that game
It is a war game. There are different games, like missions or take over the world (my favourite). You have soldiers, calvary and cannons and you attack the opposition by rolling dice. If you roll a higher number than your opposition then you kill some of the oppositions army:). It is quite a tactical game:).

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Monopoly and Scattegories are the best. My cousins and I used to play them at our beach house all the time and I always kicked ass. Card games are pretty good too.

J

jhakka

Whoever said Scrabble is right. That game is cool. Way better than Up-Words.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Misturi said:
Pay Day!!!
Another game I remember playing all the time was The Game of Life where you roll dice, collect money and family members until someone wins... I loved that game.

I never liked Up-words, it just felt like a cheap imitation of scrabble. I found out they made a Cluedo 2 which was quickly bought, where its modified and we just finished our 3rd game of it tonight :D

mayhemily

HSC
scrabble and cluedo and scattergories are the best as well as card games which are always fun. Monopoly goes for too long! and plus i always lose so i don't like it. this risk games sounds waaaaaay too hard for me!

J

jhakka

Raiks said:
Another game I remember playing all the time was The Game of Life where you roll dice, collect money and family members until someone wins... I loved that game.

I never liked Up-words, it just felt like a cheap imitation of scrabble. I found out they made a Cluedo 2 which was quickly bought, where its modified and we just finished our 3rd game of it tonight :D
Cluedo 2? The Great Museum Caper?

One word, people: Snap.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Raiks said:
oh my god I love The Game of Life because you never seem to lose money, you always gain it and its so much fun counting it all up at the end and having a shitload of money and assets... big ego boost :D

Farnarcle

Merethrond said:
There is a new version? Is it much different? Yeah, that is the bad thing about RISK, it takes a long time to explain the rules to someone who has never played it before, and then once you have, they are usually pretty bad and so the game is usually over quite fast:).

Yeah, basically, it's set in 2210 AD and you fight with robot armies.

The major differences are:
~The land mass is slightly different (more land connections, Underwater cites, Moon colonies)
~The game only goes for five turns
~You can get Commanders, each with different abilites (Land, Diplomat, Naval, Space, Armageddon) which give you better attack rolls (8-sided die instead of 6-sided). They have cards that correspond to them which you can buy at the start of your turn to use later on; things like reinforcements or booby-traps in an area)

You can still play the original game of Risk with this set, but I'm not sure if South America was connected to Africa in the original. Lol.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Monopoly - But I'm always banker and cheat so I always win :\
Chess - Like the game but there are too many pros lol.
Checkers - YAY!!!
Uno stacko - Pressures on
Bridge - It's actually a great game that really boosts your numeracy skills. + U get better at gamling odds :D

mack

Banned
HSC
I loved Forbidden Bridge. Especially when you pushed the Inca's head down and he wobbled the bridge and your opponent fell off and had to start all over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)