• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BSc/BComm first year subjects (1 Viewer)

Maianbarian

Hey does anyone know what subjects I will have to do in first year? Because I really have no idea.

Oh and when do you have to pick your majors? Is it as soon as you enrol or do you wait until 2nd year?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I know for Commerce, you pick your major as soon as you enroll and then work out what subjects you need to do.

Not sure about Science since I don't do it but I suspect it might be the same.

santaslayer

HSC
There are 10 (I think) subjects available in the first year but you are only required to do eight of them. During Orientation (or whateva u call it) week, you will be given a booklet that will outline the 8 recommended subjects to do in the first year according to the particular line of major you choose. Some majors have the same subject recommendations as each other, don't worry. Eg. Accounting +Finance.

After the 1st yr, all you have to do is choose the appropriate subjects according to your major. The sum of all subjects completed will create you major/minor. If you choose the wrong subjects then it'll only waste your time...unless you wanted to do them for no reason at all.

For a double degree, you will complete all 8 complusory subjects in the 2nd yr...as you will also have to attend to the Science subz as well.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Maianbarian said:
So I don't actually choose my subjects until after orientation week?
Well, you have to choose subjects on enrolment day. But up until a certain date (I think it's the end of February, beginning of March) you can change subjects online. You only get locked into subjects really from 31st March, when you have to pay for it.

santaslayer

HSC
poloktim said:
Well, you have to choose subjects on enrolment day. But up until a certain date (I think it's the end of February, beginning of March) you can change subjects online. You only get locked into subjects really from 31st March, when you have to pay for it.
Orientation was a total waste of time once I knew you could do everything online. The only reason you go there is to get the library card and the freakin diary...(which you never use)..

santaslayer

HSC
Maianbarian said:
I see, allright thanks for the help. Hopefully I won't end up in crappy subjects running at 11pm :uhhuh:
I dunno. Last year, most subjects had 9:30 as their last class. I haven't seen a 11:30 finish.
There are, however, 8:30 starts. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)