• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can anyone register for their bachelor of arts core subjects? (1 Viewer)

eye candii

HSC
N/A
I cant register for my bachelor of arts core subjects!
WHy O WHY!?!
is it only me?

it says i cant register and i need to contact the student centre.

why the hell is this going on ?!?

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Hey, I registered for them.
Does your enrolment page have the subjects as UNCOMFIRMED?

eye candii

HSC
N/A
Yeah it says i cant register i need to contact the student centre or subject co ordinator,

it says

Your enrolment in this unit has a status of INVALID or UNCONFIRM.
You can NOT Register, please contact your Course Coordinator or Student Centre

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Yeah, it basically means your enrolment details are not updated. I called up earlier in the week because I couldn't register for Psychology 1A tutes because apart from my UNCONFIRMED BA cores, no other subjects are entered on the enrolment page.
You might want to call UWS admin and ask then if they have processed your details yet..and if not you can abuse them for taking their sweet ass time and making you miss out on tute regos. Other than that, you might just have to wait until your details are up.
But, emailed the unit coordinator and explain your situation.
And you might have been told not to worry because you are most likely to get into the tute u want when uni starts anyway, but i'll say it again lol. In my case, my psych unit co. told me to contact him when semester starts and it shouldnt be hard to move me to the tute I want.
Good Luck

eye candii

HSC
N/A
hahaha yeah i called today from work, cos i was on my computer and it was going sooo damn slow
and i said to her, "can i register this on the phone instead of online because im at work, and its gona crash all the computers at work. and i dont want to miss out on the ones i want."
and she was like, "NO the reason why is cos everyone is trying to do the same thing at you, all at once"

and she said it so rude!!

So i said "ohh whateveR!!!" and i hung up..

and the people at work next to me thought i was talking to a customer, but yeah
uws sucks!

i should have went the extra mile to uts kuringai campus, at least could have avoided this shit!

my tuts for the ones i want are probably already full..
bitches!!
arrgghh, im so angry.
very disappointed.
NOT HAPPY

michelleanne

HSC
All the admin and enrolling problems occur because the enrollments for new students were done too late.... they should have been done at least a couple of weeks ago for the main round.... and have two enrollement campuses because the workload of the penrith admin staff would have been immense. Meaning that there will mistakes and problems

Also, you didnt hear this from me but the admin problems are going to get a whole lot worse..... i have some insider info and there is a draft proposal to shake up all the schools and cause a whole lot of chaos..... This is being directed by vice chancellor Janice reid.....

Also, do you know she has two Chauffers ....... because she can't drive herself to places...

eye candii

HSC
N/A
michelleanne said:
All the admin and enrolling problems occur because the enrollments for new students were done too late.... they should have been done at least a couple of weeks ago for the main round.... and have two enrollement campuses because the workload of the penrith admin staff would have been immense. Meaning that there will mistakes and problems

Also, you didnt hear this from me but the admin problems are going to get a whole lot worse..... i have some insider info and there is a draft proposal to shake up all the schools and cause a whole lot of chaos..... This is being directed by vice chancellor Janice reid.....

Also, do you know she has two Chauffers ....... because she can't drive herself to places...

omg if ure saying "they should have been done weeks ago before the main round" why the heck did they put an option for us to enrol last week if our last name was from l - z?

they should be abit more organised if they thought they couldnt do it in time.

SO FUCKEN DISAPPOINTED

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Admin obviously hates first years this year :p

hmm ... I also wonder if the stuff ups have been caused by the changing of many schools?

eye candii

HSC
N/A
Does UWS have an internal dispute resolution service?

i feel as though i need to lodge a complaint

eye candii

HSC
N/A
i probably sound like a brat..

but just am upset cos im gona be stuck with shitty tutorial times which doesnt fit in with my timetable at all

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol. I don't think that they do. Admin would probably say tough shit to you that you missed out on your prefered times, but if you were not properly enroled, then you should really speak with the unit co-ordinators and even your course co-ordinator.

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
I dont think so :/ but im sure ur not the only one. You must understand though - its not UWS..its UWS admin who r the fk ups er, i think we cant generalise the WHOLE uni as been crap.

Just a thought...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You will only deal with them up to 3 times a year ... This is definately the worst that they are going to be. Although, I'd really like to know how it can be any worse.

eye candii

HSC
N/A
hahaha
okie dokies, ill just get stuck with the 5-7pm tutorials- no hard feelings
LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)