• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can you drop one of your double degrees? (1 Viewer)

ysminfb

HSC
I am currently doing Engineering/Commerce and I only intended to do commerce and the story is a bit complicated and not necessary.

Anyway, i thought I had to complete the first year with Engineering subjects but when I found out I didnt have to, it was too late to change my subjects to commerce related.

Is it possible to drop one of the double degrees that Im taking or do I have to apply for a single degree?

If I can, is the procedure complicated? I am a freshman and still unfamiliar with things.

I asked the administration office but they keep directing me here and there.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, you should be able to, definitely. You wouldn't (well, shouldn't) need to apply again through UAC. As for procedure, differs between universities and faculties, but it should be fairly easy.

Yes, at the moment, it is too late to change subjects around (ie. add new units). You can drop units, but the time to add units has expired.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
"(ii) A student may apply to discontinue the dual BE BCom programs and elect to complete either the BE or BCom degree in accordance with the rules governing award of that degree. Following discontinuation of one of the programs (BE or BCom), courses which count toward that program will not in general count toward the remaining single degree unless they meet the single degree requirements in their own right."
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2012/3715.html
go to the engineering student centre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)