• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CASE tools for testing software solutions (1 Viewer)

xt3rm

Hey does anyone know if I need to know the stuff on CASE tools for testing software solutions pg247 of Davis' textbook?

Its on stuff like WinRunner and LoadRunner...
It's not in the syllabus but our teacher seemed to make a point of teaching it to us.
If so, what detail should i learn it to?

raymes

HSC
because its not in the syllabus, you do not specifically need to know those pieces of software however you do need to know the types of CASE tools that are used to assist testing software solutions and their functions. The ones provided there give good examples of typical CASE tools and if u felt a bit funky in the exam, you could provide one as an example but its not necessary

SamD

HSC
N/A
The syllabus is strange in this particular area. Case Tools are only mentioned in the Testing and Evaluation topic under "Documentation of the test data and output produced". To my mind it's trivial to discuss CASE tools used to document something you've already done. You end up talking about using a word processor to write a report or some such nonsense. Rather I chose to discuss examples of software engineering tools that are used to produce test data and to actually perform the testing and evaluation. Not strictly in the syllabus, but I think more relevant. In my view you are more likely to get general CASE tool questions in the exam. In which case you'll have some decent concrete examples to discuss.

HTH
Sam

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I was expecting a question about CASE tools in last years HSC, for the simple reason, it hasnt really been tested that much over the couple of years. But as SamD says, its not exactly standing out of the syllabus. But having said that, I would have a good knowledge of what CASE tools are, and have a couple of examples up your sleave for the exam.

xt3rm

thanks guys :)

i'll just learn one or two CASE tools from each section

if i forget it i'll just put notepad for documentation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)