• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

cheap budget comps (1 Viewer)

Soliah

I agree with the comments on CPU prices dropping, especially with the introduction of the Opteron. However why are the current video cards 'crap'?

The current R300 Radeons and NV35 FX's are awesome cards that have greatly improved from the previous revsion of GPUs. Sure the next generation of cards will always be better than the current ones, but thats how technology improves and grows.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Soliah
I agree with the comments on CPU prices dropping, especially with the introduction of the Opteron. However why are the current video cards 'crap'?

The current R300 Radeons and NV35 FX's are awesome cards that have greatly improved from the previous revsion of GPUs. Sure the next generation of cards will always be better than the current ones, but thats how technology improves and grows.

Agreed, a ATI 9800 is a ripper lol, except the price isn't :(

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Originally posted by Soliah
So in other words, right now, ATi have the Graphics Accelerator Crown over nVidia.
newbie has had a bad experience wif an ATi... hehe...
and i support nVidia... GO nVidia!

benixau

firstly GO ATi
secondly go here http://www.PlusCorp.biz

they are australian and allow you to configure and order online then pay when you pick it up. I used it for my pc that has had only one problem - me.

they are cheaper than most other places in everything except HDDs where adelong is better. But when you can configure the pc however you want (inc. case and diff PSU) then pay another AUD50 and have then put it together for you OR AUD75 and have them build it and install the OS then .....

they are good, intel and AMD.

chris42

HSC
Soliah, I don't think the file was properly attached, as I expanded the zip and it said there was nothing in it..

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by chris42
Soliah, I don't think the file was properly attached, as I expanded the zip and it said there was nothing in it..

Ever heard of repairing and reconstructing the archive?

well here's the repaired zip

and dude can you stop resurrecting threads, i think your trying to increase spam, about 8 threads which is 1 week old has been resurrected.

chris42

HSC
Thanks, sorry the thread that was old had me interested..and I only just saw it. I deleted some of the posts that were from the old threds, hope that helped.

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by chris42
Thanks, sorry the thread that was old had me interested..and I only just saw it. I deleted some of the posts that were from the old threds, hope that helped.
no no u didn't have to but you see i just don't like waking up in the morning seeing some users name as last thread post all the way down the page lol, that really says alot if you know what i mean and some posts that are like 2 weeks old, i duno if u were bored or anything, but generally threads that old seem to have died down in discussion.

chris42

HSC
Yeah, sorry I was quite bored, HSC starting to get to me :p, I got bit carried away.

Last edited:

fatmuscle

HSC
www.it-rite.com

it get redirected to www.itrite.com.au

in North Rocks. Good Cheap Place.
If you buy a system outright, I think you get an 8% discount or soemthing. So if you are buying a system outright, piggy-back as much crap as you, your friends want. It's a good saving. (cheaparse dodgy asian style :D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)