• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cheap food (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Back to the topic...

cheap eat guides... 10 bucks a day! thats heaps! i thought when you said cheap... i thought less than 5 bucks...get a sushi roll and two chicken thingies ... $3.50 meal

I usually get lemon chicken with tomato and cheese on a sandwich, toasted mmm yum for $4.25. They put them on those massive helga breads so it does fill you up!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I usually bring stuff from home now, along with a bottle of water, its just not worth it anymore unless im going for dinner...

that and i've got $7 in my account :(

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Lets see:
Day 1 - One Chuppa Chup is 50cents, so $10 buys you 20.
Day 2 - Subway
Day 3 - KFC
Day 4 - Maccas
Day 5 - Chicken Schnitzel

SuGa BunI =D said:
meat pie ...... from Sam newsagent :p
Asylum already recommended rabbit or possum.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Kidneys and Liver mmmm *licks lips*

CieL

HSC
If you go to Mac Centre, the BEST food is at Xquisito *DROOLS*

Usually I'd opt for a chilli beef burrito..... but today I tried the Tropical Sunset Crepe.... omg, it was so good.... I think it's around the $7 mark... plus drink, just under $10 so it's in your budget

HAHA it's really funny.. I was with my friend (Hung).. and he ordered a beef burrito... and the chick serving him gave him extra coleslaw on the side for free =S I saw it and was like.. "I'm going to get you to order my food next time"

clairegirl said:
Ciel! thats an indication that your metabolism is great!
Nono.. metabolism's job is to store fat in your cells (according to the lecturer Burke).. but mine is just so screwed up it doesn't do that.. so it's not doing it's job.. hence it's mighty inefficient.. and it also means I have to spend more on food too.. =(

AsyLum said:
Kidneys and Liver mmmm *licks lips*
Isnt that umm "pattay" (sp?)? That brown stuff that you get in pork rolls? I love it

Neways.. more like pig blood, intestines, and chicken bum

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
CieL - lol my metbabolism is like yours which explains my constant eating in lectures
and i agree about xquisito
- with the crepes / tacos / nachos also

and also that pleace in mq cetnre food court make a bread place, with its baked potatoes with different toppings (6.95 i think it was)

I use to spent heaps of money on lunch now i just bring my own lunch "sick of uni food" etc.. cant be bothered walking to mq centre =|

*hopeful*

HSC
thats 'pate'

omg cheapo food...sushi!! its like 2.20 a roll at maq centre n sif u wont get full

CieL

HSC
sukiyaki said:
CieL - lol my metbabolism is like yours which explains my constant eating in lectures

.........cant be bothered walking to mq centre =|
I don't bring food n crap..... which might explain why I lost 6kgs during the first fortnight of uni

I'm so lazy I dont even walk to mq centre..... I drive - anything for good food X]

*hopeful* said:
omg cheapo food...sushi!! its like 2.20 a roll at maq centre n sif u wont get full
Is $2.20 a roll of sushi cheap? I usually eat 3 of those short ones before I feel a bit stuffed on rice... doesn't get me anywhere.... I remember when I used to buy sushi rolls in thornleigh for $1.80 for a roll double the size at mac centre.. 2 would fill me up for awhile..

And the ones at that shop are pretty crap (along with SAM)... the seaweed's been there for too long and it all get soggy and crap... then it gets jammed in your teeth and you dont know how to get it out..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
*hopeful* said:
i don't get people like you, how does 1 sushi roll make a meal?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl said:
anything that fills you up is a meal :d
i guess that's the point.. how does 1 sushi roll fill you up? :confused:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
i guess that's the point.. how does 1 sushi roll fill you up? :confused:
well if u drink it with lots n lots of water it does the trick :p

I personally would rather have a sandwich but like if im starving but im 1. feeling cheap 2. want to wait till i get home to eat and if im at uni from 10ish till 4ish i'll have a sushi roll it usually cuts my hunger pangs till i get home.

Hrrm so in saying that lol i guess i do agree with you, its not really a meal...but it is :s

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Some people substitute lunch with a Boost Juice :|
I'd like to substitute my fist for their face :p

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yehh one sushi roll is filling. i think it just depends on who it is. like i'd get full after half a sandwich or whatever, then 30mins later im hungry again.
lol once my friend got called a pig cuz she ate 3.. and yehh i didnt think that was too piggy lol

anyway,
i bring my own lunch to uni or buy it before i get there cuz:
1) im a tightass
2) uni sushi is yukky
3) fast food is baddd! watch supersize me! lol

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
$10 cheap? Well then that's easy. You can get just about anything + a drink for that.

I try to bring a big enough bag to fit a bottle of water from home so that means i can avoid buying a drink and so can get a decent lunch for $6ish. Food is ridiculously expensive, and i eat out at least once a day, either lunch or dinner and if not then always buy a coffee or smoothie or something so it kind of sends you broke.

OR you can just get a large smoothie from boost/quickie whatever and that should keep you going. I often have that as a subsitute for a meal. If i had breaky then ill have a smoothie and then dinner or something. Although $5 is alot when you think of it as a drink, its fine if thats all you get.

CieL

HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
you can just get a large smoothie from boost/quickie whatever
URGH

The female staff at quickie treat you like crap. There were 3 males before me.. they all got served.. and then suddenly when it's my turn (I was 4th and last customer waiting) she just HAD to go get the stupid foam cups... and her friend making the drinks, seriously.. it doesn't hurt to take my order whilst you're waiting for the crap the whiz up anyway..

Then the foam cup chick took literally 10mins to get the cups.. i dont know wtf she was doing, probably took a smoko or something.. then she starts replacing the cups n crap.. Even at my work I get told off when I dont serve a customer asap.. yeah well.. she puts 3 columns of cups away before she finally decides to serve me =.=

Neway - point is: Long wait, crap drink (watermelon n mint btw)... I swear I got rorted... never going there again.. shit service shit drinks

[/rant]

^___^
HSC
well i've been sick lately, so i bring my own drink (ribean :D i have the syrup in my car and i just fill it up whenever i'm finish with it)
might keep doing that, cept the fact ribena contains a tad too much sugar :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)