• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

clerkship coaching SCAM (1 Viewer)

subdued123

HSC
Hey everyone,

I figured this was important enough to warrant a new thread.

Someone calling themselves ben has been putting up posters advertising a 'clerkship coaching service'. this bastard is charging 60 bucks an hour to tell you things you can get from anyone who has either done a clerkship, or from here.

If you see those posters, stop your friends from getting ripped off - tear them down.

A friend and i have started a free service- email free.clerkship.advice at gmail.com

Tell your friends to check it out, or to post here generally.
Together we can stop this prick.

maxwell85

HSC
N/A
i had this sent to me a few months ago: we declined.

[SIZE=-1]Hello

This year a Clerkship Coaching service will be offered across UNSW, Sydney University, UTS and Macquarie University. The service will help clients maximise their chance of securing an 08/09 summer clerkship.

The service will offer resume review, cover letter review, mock interviewing using actual questions asked by the law firms, and will also provide take-home materials on how to prepare for the summer clerkship application process.

The price is $40 for a 1 hour coaching session, and $70 for a 2 hour coaching session.

I am confident <UNIVERSITY NAME REMOVED> law students will find the service very useful, and I would like to create awareness of Clerkship Coaching. What are my options?

Thank you

Ben

--
©lerkship ©oaching

Secure yourself a summer clerkship[/SIZE]

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i personally know ben (lipschitz, in case you're wondering) and he's a nice bloke... however, i do find this scheme a bit entrepreneurial..

i guess the best thing we 'oldies' can do is to continue to give advice, for free, to the young 'uns and hope people pass the favour forward.

Last edited:

dissipate

HSC
N/A
do you mean that these people are just charging to give advice you could get anywhere? or just this particular person? i'm confused because i saw a clerkship coaching ad in WA by a person claims she has worked in the grad recruitment department in a firm etc.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
dissipate said:
do you mean that these people are just charging to give advice you could get anywhere? or just this particular person? i'm confused because i saw a clerkship coaching ad in WA by a person claims she has worked in the grad recruitment department in a firm etc.
that person is offering to interview practice and 'notes' on interview tips (which i offer for free herehttp://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=3695765&postcount=77).

as to your WA example, if you're feeling particularly vindictive, perhaps you could find out which firm they're working for and write a letter of complaint thereto. it is unethical, in my view, if not a breach of employee fidelity, to be 'coaching' prospective candidates at the same time you're interviewing them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)