• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Clothes & Trends that Men Hate (2 Viewers)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I quite liked reading this article and the comments.

Care to make your own?

It doesn't seem to matter how many women vehemently declare they only dress for themselves, don't give a hoot what their man thinks about their new Lisa Ho frock (despite the fact they've spent their entire month's salary on it) and say they'd rather eat toenails than be poked by fashion policewomen Trinny and Susannah.

Because the truth of the matter is that whether a woman is single, casually dating or even happily married, she can't deny the fact women the world over relish a man noticing her strut down the street. (Even if it's by a progesterone-starved tradesman.)

The trouble these days is that when it comes to single women attempting to catch a man's eye and give him tingles up his, er, spine, apparently we've got it all horribly wrong. Well, this according to matchmaker Patti Stanger, whose new television show titled Millionaire Matchmaker teaches desperate dateless women how to win the hearts of wildly wealthy gents. (Who said there aren't plenty of gold diggers out there willing to admit it on international television?) ...

While Patti's managed to match up thousands of happy couples in the past, her strange mantras and peculiar rules have shocked many, and left me wondering this: when it comes to what men like, are we completely on the wrong page? Or are her dubious methods completely misleading?

Hair

According to Patti, if we want to nab a man then the first thing modern women need to do is to fix their hair. "Men like long hair that they can run their fingers through," she quips. Hence short, curly locks need to either be grown long, "or get hair extensions and perm it straight". (Apparently the theory goes back to evolution when cavemen viewed long-haired women as more fertile and therefore attractive as mates.) Oh, and as for all those carrot-tops among us? "Die it brown!" says Patti. (She sure is tough!)

Clothing maketh the woman

Then there's the way we dress. By Patti's reckoning, we need to say no to trashy and cheap and yes to knee-length dresses, push-up bras, knee-high boots, minimal makeup and no OTT (over-the-top) accessories.

And if we're ever truly going to turn those male heads, "girls should be aiming for that wholesome girl-next-door look that is welcoming and non-threatening to men," she told Iconocast media.

"You should look sexy, but also like you could bake great bread."

Huh? If you're suddenly mightily confused, you're not alone. But over recent girly cocktails the other night, my lawyer friend Gigi seemed to know exactly what the heck the "baking-bread-but-still-sexy" dress code really means.

"The thing is, men hate pregnant tops," she said, pulling at her loosely fitting designer top she was sporting that evening. "Yes, it hides our bloated stomachs, and we don't have to worry about overeating, over-drinking or our muffin-top peaking out, but men like to be able to see our bodies. They want to be able to know what they're going to be in for!"

"They don't like baby doll dresses either," quipped another friend who disclosed the fact that she was heading home after dinner to change into something a little more "man-friendly" before hitting the town on the prowl. Her reasoning? "Baby doll dresses remind men of pregnancies, and they definitely don't want to be thinking about having a baby when they're just trying to chat you up." Makes sense to me.

Grooming

Finally there's the issue of grooming. Patti advises that if want to stand out of the pack, invest in regular manicures, pedicures and highlights. One perpetually single female friend strongly concurs. "Men always seem to notice my feet and some even comment on what colour toe-polish I am wearing. It freaks me out a little, but I now know, no first dates without a pedicure first!"

Patti's final tip? Don't smoke. "Even male smokers tell me they hate dating a woman who smokes." Can I hear an amen to that?

What do you think? What clothes do men hate? Is Patti on the money, or totally way off in her advice?

Last edited:
HSC
sounds like bullshit to me, guys don't know what they like any more than women do. The whole 'be a wholesome girl' thing is what I hear a lot of blokes say to girls when they're being all emo cause no one loves them and I'm sure it's what we THINK we'd like, but we don't factor in the reality... I'd be willing to bet if you want to pick up a guy you'd be much better off putting yourself out there as a slut *shrug*

Last edited:

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
that is all so horribly mysoginistic. it makes me feel sick with loathing. sam brett has never had anything worthwhile to say. i want to punch that bitch in the mouth, claw her eyeballs out and burn her scalp with scalding hot water.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
also, i would like to say that i will start dressing for men the day they start dressing in what women like to see them in. how foul that she is suggesting that we should pander to the desires of rough, feral bogan tradies while they should be allowed to be bloated, grunting, dirty apes in unflattering and soiled rags.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Patti's final tip? Don't smoke. "Even male smokers tell me they hate dating a woman who smokes." Can I hear an amen to that? <------- and that especially makes my blood boil. why are men allowed to judge women yet do what they decide is unacceptable for us?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
chelsea girl said:
also, i would like to say that i will start dressing for men the day they start dressing in what women like to see them in. how foul that she is suggesting that we should pander to the desires of rough, feral bogan tradies while they should be allowed to be bloated, grunting, dirty apes in unflattering and soiled rags.
zing.

HSC
chelsea girl said:
Well you don't have to. For the most part I think a lot of women feel empowered to look 'totally hawt' because tbh they do have a lot more power over men than they would looking a little more scraggy.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Re: the knee-high boot suggestion, I hate knee high boots. Heels make women's calves look hot and all the boots do is cover them and then show the generally chunkier thigh. The only exception is when worn over skinny jeans or if the boots are thigh-high like Anne Hathaway in the devil wears Prada

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
chelsea girl said:
Patti's final tip? Don't smoke. "Even male smokers tell me they hate dating a woman who smokes." Can I hear an amen to that? <------- and that especially makes my blood boil. why are men allowed to judge women yet do what they decide is unacceptable for us?
It means that the bloated, grunting, dirty apes will die quicker.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Well you don't have to. For the most part I think a lot of women feel empowered to look 'totally hawt' because tbh they do have a lot more power over men than they would looking a little more scraggy.
it's not realy power though, only sexual power. and it's a trap anyway because it's just a way for men to reel a hot woman in and then turn her into a subversive maid and servant. like the leo and shelly situation in twin peaks!

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
however, having said that, of course it is nice to be seen as attractive - i'm just not going to change the way i present myself for that specific purpose. i think it is sad if any woman does that.

HSC
tbh I think knee high boots draw attention to their thighs/butt/lower stomach so it's probably a biological thing.

it's not realy power though, only sexual power. and it's a trap anyway because it's just a way for men to reel a hot woman in and then turn her into a subversive maid and servant. like the leo and shelly situation in twin peaks!
Um sexual power is a pretty damn strong power. A hot girl can have half her school's guys lusting after her, the nerdier kids writing her poetry, the jockier kids trying to impress her by picking on the nerdier kids... Later on the rich guys will buy them diamonds and take them on fancy holidays, the poor guys will try and serenade them with a guitar or something. For the most part all women have to do is look hot, for some people this is pretty damn easy.

Guys might WANT them to be lured in to become their subservient maid, but if you've got a hot/smart girl she'll be the one making all the deals (at least until her beauty runs out).

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Hey to every girl out there reading this post, please continue to cake your face in make up.

I really really fucking love it.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
tbh I think knee high boots draw attention to their thighs/butt/lower stomach so it's probably a biological thing.

Um sexual power is a pretty damn strong power. A hot girl can have half her school's guys lusting after her, the nerdier kids writing her poetry, the jockier kids trying to impress her by picking on the nerdier kids... Later on the rich guys will buy them diamonds and take them on fancy holidays, the poor guys will try and serenade them with a guitar or something. For the most part all women have to do is look hot, for some people this is pretty damn easy.

Guys might WANT them to be lured in to become their subservient maid, but if you've got a hot/smart girl she'll be the one making all the deals (at least until her beauty runs out).
i think this all ties into these new third-wave feminism ideas, which i think are a crock of shit. the femme fatale is definitely a powerful type of woman, but it's a very shallow and risky type of power. i think the fact that the men who get these women have the power to choose them in the first place without having to flaunt any of their physical attributes demonstrates the difference between the perceived power of the femme fatale and the power than other women strive for (i.e. on equal footing with men).

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
one last thing i would like to point out is that the woman quoted in sam brett's article, patti stanger, is an absolute disgrace to women everywhere. her show and the trash she spouts are the absolute epitome of deluded pseudo-feminism. utterly abominable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)