• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

co workers (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
And you know...how much about that, exactly?

Every time they've rung me to ask me to do extra shifts (even with barely any notice) I have quite willingly done them. I've only knocked back two shifts, one of which I was rostered on during uni time so I had to forfeit it completely, and the other they asked me to do after rosters had come out, and yet again, I had uni.

They're cutting all the casuals hours, not just mine...but, well, I care about my bank balance, and not anyone elses.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Well, there you go.. you've knocked back shifts.. more shifts than I've ever knocked back.

There are probably other casuals out there who don't have Uni and don't knock back shifts... the managers only care about their productivity and profitability... people who aren't reliable & can't work don't fit into their agenda as far as they're concerned.

Such a selfish attitude will you get nowhere in the workplace.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
...and the award states that they have to give me time off for educational purposes. I've given them my unavailibilities, it isn't my fault if they ignore them.

And, there is only one casual on frontend that doesn't go to either uni, school, or tafe. And even her hours have dropped by 10-15.

Don't act as if you're so high and mighty when you get your mates to call in sick for you coz you want to spend an extra few hours with your girlfriend.

*Minka*

HSC
I fail to see how caring more about education than a job as a checkout operate is a selfish attitude. Some people have piorities.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
...and the award states that they have to give me time off for educational purposes. I've given them my unavailibilities, it isn't my fault if they ignore them.

And, there is only one casual on frontend that doesn't go to either uni, school, or tafe. And even her hours have dropped by 10-15.

Don't act as if you're so high and mighty when you get your mates to call in sick for you coz you want to spend an extra few hours with your girlfriend.
lol, well you are casual which basically means you're at their beck & call... + you signed the AWA!

I thought that was a brillant lie. "Hi, Andrew's mate here... he's in hospital due to concusion, the Doctor's wanna keep him in over night to monitor him, so he can't make his shift tonight".

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I didn't sign anything. Other than a bit of paper declaring I had watched video's on manual handling, and...other boring stuff.

Skeeta

HSC
i know what you mean. I'm casual also but have been given two shifts a week (PERFECT for me.. and i have told my employer that i CANT do anymore because uni is my priority) and being at uni 30+ hrs week i still need time to study and "me" time (hah!)

however, everysingle week some different drongo rings in "sick" and they call me to cover the shift - i can rarely do this as i'm working as many hours as physically possible for me

I've told them, if they only give me one shift a week i can cover for those who dont turn up (if it happens), but 3 shifts a week is too many for me 2 handle

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Skeeta said:
i know what you mean. I'm casual also but have been given two shifts a week (PERFECT for me.. and i have told my employer that i CANT do anymore because uni is my priority) and being at uni 30+ hrs week i still need time to study and "me" time (hah!)

however, everysingle week some different drongo rings in "sick" and they call me to cover the shift - i can rarely do this as i'm working as many hours as physically possible for me

I've told them, if they only give me one shift a week i can cover for those who dont turn up (if it happens), but 3 shifts a week is too many for me 2 handle
Im the same, at the moment im only available 3 days a week cos i have uni the other 4 days, and they keep giving me the 3 shifts even though ive asked for 2. On the day they always ring and ask me to come in a few hours earlier and i can never say no, it stresses me out. I had one day off a couple of weeks ago and they tried to get me to cover it as well. You really need a day off..

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I also have to clarify that I am not pussy whipped as it wasn't to spend a few hours with my girlfriend.

I actually made that lie up so I could remain in Sydney, getting hammered off some of the finest wines Australia has to offer such as 100 year old para port. I then spent the rest of the night drinking JD & coke with my good friend Pika ( http://community.boredofstudies.org/members/pika/ ) before retiring to the dodgy hotel room we got for $50/night.

Highly recommended... when Wine Australia comes this year, I'll definitely be down there for the entire duration and if I'm working, well I'll be taking some of those paid sick days! If you weren't such a trashy casual whore at Bi-Lo and you had some class, you might just understand.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
the manager in question, in her own time at home sat on her computer and made 'study books' for everyone with random crap, the menu, our shorthand, facts about coffee, customer service, the history of the cafe with the heading "memorise this OR ELSE"
she then informed everyone she will be conducting tests on this next week.
she told our store manager and he said 'what the fuck?'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)