• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Coles Myer Online assessment (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
ToO LaZy ^* said:
maybe because there wasnt any available positions for the areas that you listed. :confused:
Exactly, use your common sense. If you put down one teeny-weeny position at one location then obviously you'll hardly get picked. Or if you genuinely suck, say being old but with minimal working experience.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Exactly, use your common sense. If you put down one teeny-weeny position at one location then obviously you'll hardly get picked. Or if you genuinely suck, say being old but with minimal working experience.
geez that makes me feel so great about myself...

vg_woz_here

HSC
i did the online test back in November

got an email saying i was shortlisted for an interview and they would contact me

i got the call..went for the interview

and got the job :)

Numero Uno

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Not exactly, i put down many places including chatswood, north sydney etc .
and well i wouldnt say 17's old , and still havent got an interview

maybe their recruitment process is coming up soon .. will see what happens.

good thing i already have a job or else, id be broke these holidays

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well I applied beginning Nov 04' and got a manager interview at around late Jan 05'. Just wait it out for awhile.

Which brands did you pick? And how much work experience have you got? What about availability?

If say you picked most brands, have a few years retail experience under your belt and put your availability down as near 24/7, there's a very good chance you'll get a call for an interview.

vizman

HSC
guys i reckon the coles myer online assessment is an absolute joke. i just don't see the point in an "intelligence test" for the purpose of stacking shelves or working at the checkout

Collin

HSC
N/A
vizman said:
guys i reckon the coles myer online assessment is an absolute joke. i just don't see the point in an "intelligence test" for the purpose of stacking shelves or working at the checkout
First of all, not all positions within Coles Myer Ltd. only require the intelligence of a banana.
Secondly, even tasks like stacking shelves and operating checkouts require some degree of common sense and skill. You'd be surprised the number of POS (checkout) people I've encountered during my time at Officeworks who are thick as bricks.. so infact we should be knocking the 'IQ' test on not filtering those idiots out, rather than the relevance of it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I just guessed most of the answers. I got sick of thinking about them. I don't remember my mark but I did well and I got asked to a group interview. When I went to book a group interview there were never any spots available and eventually I forgot my login and password and the email I signed up with expired and there is no way of me getting into it again.

buzzcut89

HSC
IMO the Coles Online Assessment is a bit dodgy and pointless. I mean, a friend of mine who is really smart and always comes 1st in everything applied for a job at a Coles supermarket, did the online assesment and got 99%, and then got an email saying there wasn't a place for them with Coles Myer.

I got 50% the first time I did the assesment, yet I got asked to attend a group interview. :confused:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
that is off. i also hate the selection process, they don't actually go into depth and look properly into your qualifications and crap, just the test. it takes so bloody long to get selected.

buzzcut89

HSC
^Yeh they don't really take a good look at peoples qualifications/education etc before hiring them.

I mean, I've only been to one group interview which I failed, they havn't been able to get in contact with my referees cos they weren't there, and I havn't had another interview apart from the group one which I failed, yet I have a job with them. How does that work?! :confused:

Collin

HSC
N/A
buzzcut89 said:
IMO the Coles Online Assessment is a bit dodgy and pointless. I mean, a friend of mine who is really smart and always comes 1st in everything applied for a job at a Coles supermarket, did the online assesment and got 99%, and then got an email saying there wasn't a place for them with Coles Myer.

I got 50% the first time I did the assesment, yet I got asked to attend a group interview. :confused:
Don't jump so fast into conclusions. They said to your friend that there wasn't a place for them.. perhaps THAT'S exactly the reason! Just because you're qualified doesn't mean there's a vacancy. I blitzed the 'IQ' test, yet they told me there wasn't currently any places in Coles Myer (for the brands and areas in which I nominated) either. Then a month later they rang me back up after they found me a position. Speaking of nominating brands and stuff, maybe your friend didn't put down enough brands or brands which had vacancies? Maybe his nominated availability was shite? There are so many factors, people should use their heads more and not slam off CML Recruitment so hastily.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
How did you get a job if you failed the group interview? Did they still call you?

buzzcut89

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Don't jump so fast into conclusions. They said to your friend that there wasn't a place for them.. perhaps THAT'S exactly the reason! Just because you're qualified doesn't mean there's a vacancy. I blitzed the 'IQ' test, yet they told me there wasn't currently any places in Coles Myer (for the brands and areas in which I nominated) either. Then a month later they rang me back up after they found me a position. Speaking of nominating brands and stuff, maybe your friend didn't put down enough brands or brands which had vacancies? Maybe his nominated availability was shite? There are so many factors, people should use their heads more and not slam off CML Recruitment so hastily.
Yeh ok I see where your coming from....its just that you'd think instead of rejecting people that get in the top 1%, that they'd just put them on file until their was positions available. Not just reject their application all together.

buzzcut89

HSC
iambored said:
How did you get a job if you failed the group interview? Did they still call you?
Me? Well after I failed the group interview, I went to make another application, but then got distracted. They then sent me an email the next day telling me that there were vacancies in my area and that they'd seen I'd started an application.

So I applied and then I was put in the talent pool straight after I did the online test, so I skipped the g.interview stage again.

The Manager at Coles I was talking to on Tuesday asked me had I been for an interview yet? And I said that I had failed a group interview and that was all. She said "Oh that's fine. That's all I need".

GO FIGURE :uhoh:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ToO LaZy ^* said:
ohk. :)
theres no time limit yeah?.

EDIT: just finished it.
hmm. got through about 23 IQ type questions...is that alright?
ahahah i finished 20 questions only..., i shoulda just guesssed all of them n concentrated betterly.......coles is a bIatch....man....so many processes to work on just one little checkout thing...So ghey...

nightcr

HSC
Any one been successfull through the IT graduate position Colesmyer yet?i wanna apply for this position can someone tell me about the recruitment process?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)