• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Content of HSC tests (1 Viewer)

harvestcows

HSC
All through the preliminary course i've just mostly surfed the internet in IPT <teacher too boring -__->
and i only tried hard once i started the HSC course< one that actually matters>
so i need to know if the hsc tests and trials test what you learned in the preliminary course +hsc course or do they only test the contents of the hsc course

neuro_logik

HSC
Most of the content is from the HSC course, but hell, most of the stuff u learn in ipt is from the prelim course, HSC is just an extension

DoubleD

....Theonly One
HSC
Yep.. the Content of the HSC course is only the Prelim course in detail.. so much that so far it's VERY hard for me to get my acttogether and do the work.. it's everything i did last 3 terms.. Basically however you've jsut gotta do it.. and if it's the first time you've attmpted the work u might be asking a fair ammount of questions on what that term means.. or whats the hell this is.. etc, because the hsc course will expect you to allready know about it...... afterall.. you DID learn it in the Prelim!..

As with all subjects, you can't be tested on Prelim material.. directly.. however you can be tested indorectly, as it's knowledgeyou should've known before starting the HSC course(you have to pass it in Prelim before you do it in hs...)

See what i mean?, you might just have to pay close attention to the work and make sure you understand what your doing tho.... for me.. so far the course has been common knowledge(to me at leas???) and Common sense!

harvestcows

HSC
So that means it'll probably be best to revise the preliminary course again. But to revise every little single detail or just the more important thing?. Also do i need to know about the 7 information processes. they're the ones i missed because it got so damn boring once we started on collecting.

I looked at about 2 or 3 past HSC exams and so far most of the questions don't test what is learnt in prelim <7 info. processes>. Or if they do its mostly basic common sense stuff and not "very very" much into detail.

So does that mean that as long as i understand the HSC course then i'm fine ?

lexii

harvestcows said:
So that means it'll probably be best to revise the preliminary course again. But to revise every little single detail or just the more important thing?. Also do i need to know about the 7 information processes. they're the ones i missed because it got so damn boring once we started on collecting.

I looked at about 2 or 3 past HSC exams and so far most of the questions don't test what is learnt in prelim <7 info. processes>. Or if they do its mostly basic common sense stuff and not "very very" much into detail.

So does that mean that as long as i understand the HSC course then i'm fine ?
Actuall i'd say that along with project work, the 7 info processes is the only thing that is carried over into the HSC course. So it would be extremely wise to know these very well.

harvestcows

HSC
;_;...i'm screwed aren't I
so for processes do you just need to know the main points or do i have to do everything social issues,hardware, software etc. etc. etc.

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
dont worry soooo much... i bludged through the majority of ipt in hsc and preliminary and i am still doing alrite... u would probably need to social issues as it is important however its also common sense... the information processes arent that hard to remember and all u need to do is able to recognise these processes in a given scenario.... i dont remember the preliminary course so i cant say about other aspects...

harvestcows

HSC
yeah..i guess i'll revise the information processes and social/ethical issues again. Just reread the text book and highlight important things, not going to go to the trouble of making flash cards for them or rewriting notes in my book

Actually today i asked my teacher about it and she said that everything from prelim that'll be in the actual HSC exams will be mentioned and revised again in the HSC textbook so yeah..i'm not worrying about it ^_^

short

lexii said:
Actuall i'd say that along with project work, the 7 info processes is the only thing that is carried over into the HSC course. So it would be extremely wise to know these very well.
Have to agree. Make sure you know ALL the HSC course and at least the Tools for Information Processes topic from year 11. The way IPT is structured, you could get a question on anything in the HSC, but you will DEFINATELY get a system analysis, which you'll need to know the Info processes for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)