• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Course Decision Day (1 Viewer)

Lara1986

HSC
Wooz said:
Today's course decision day just reconfirmed UWS is sh*t.
Care to elaborate?

I was supposed to go but was feeling sick so couldn't so am interested to know as if it really was a waste of time, I won't agree to attend any in future :p

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Lara1986 said:
Care to elaborate?

I was supposed to go but was feeling sick so couldn't so am interested to know as if it really was a waste of time, I won't agree to attend any in future :p
My personal opinion has been retracted.

Last edited:

Lara1986

HSC
Glad I didn't go then - doesn't sound as though there would have been much to say to prospective students in those conditions.

As far as the heat - man it sucks! I have summer school at the moment and it's supposed to hit 41 degrees today inthe west and they can't/won't put the air con on in our classroom since its outside semester and as far as the security are concerned we're not supposed to be there so the system isn't programmed to work.

The logistics of these events always sucks - even graduation was disorganised as far as putting the big stalls/marquees in the middle of walkways etc.

They really need to hire some new event planners....

I agree that the parking people are incompetent - i spent 45 minutes last semester driving around campus trying to get around them and get a stupid parking spot because the idiots tell you the car park's full when it's not because they don't subtract the number of cars leaving the parking from the total number so they were sending people to Parra South when there was dozens of spots everywhere. Plus they're really really rude most the time.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Lara1986 said:
Glad I didn't go then - doesn't sound as though there would have been much to say to prospective students in those conditions.

As far as the heat - man it sucks! I have summer school at the moment and it's supposed to hit 41 degrees today inthe west and they can't/won't put the air con on in our classroom since its outside semester and as far as the security are concerned we're not supposed to be there so the system isn't programmed to work.

The logistics of these events always sucks - even graduation was disorganised as far as putting the big stalls/marquees in the middle of walkways etc.

They really need to hire some new event planners....

I agree that the parking people are incompetent - i spent 45 minutes last semester driving around campus trying to get around them and get a stupid parking spot because the idiots tell you the car park's full when it's not because they don't subtract the number of cars leaving the parking from the total number so they were sending people to Parra South when there was dozens of spots everywhere. Plus they're really really rude most the time.
Yeah, you should see the event organiser she is an obese uws staff member who obviously doesn't get out much.

Also UWS Venues is fuc*ed in the head. They want to charge students $250+ to use empty rooms which are usually left open during hols. With no new parking spots, I have been arguing for months with admin for a free Bus to Parra station, but UWS can't be fuc$ed and doesn't want to cough up a cent.

The parking at Parra is going to be even more terrible with the contstruction, and all 3,000+ students from Blacktown, plus staff/students from Bankstown's nursing faculty coming to Parra.

Last edited:

Lara1986

HSC
Wooz said:
Yeah, you should see the event organiser she is an obese uws staff member who obviously doesn't get out much.

Also UWS Venues is fuc*ed in the head. They want to charge students $250+ to use empty rooms which are usually left open during hols. With no new parking spots, I have been arguing for months with admin for a free Bus to Parra station, but UWS can't be fuc$ed and doesn't want to cough up a cent.

The parking at Parra is going to be even more terrible with the contstruction, and all 3,000+ students from Blacktown, plus staff/students from Bankstown's nursing faculty coming to Parra.
Yeah i'm just hoping everyone doesn't change to night classes cause night classes aren't too bad at the moment cause i work in Parra so i get to uni a half hour before more people do since most come from the city direction.

I'll be glad if my Spring timetable remains the way it is because I'll only have 1 day of uni so that reduces the numbers of days i have to fight for parking :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Lara1986 said:
Yeah i'm just hoping everyone doesn't change to night classes cause night classes aren't too bad at the moment cause i work in Parra so i get to uni a half hour before more people do since most come from the city direction.

I'll be glad if my Spring timetable remains the way it is because I'll only have 1 day of uni so that reduces the numbers of days i have to fight for parking :)
*gasp* 1 day of uni :drink:

Lara1986

HSC
Wooz said:
*gasp* 1 day of uni :drink:
haha :p well that is if they don't change the timetable.

I only have 2 days autumn semester :)

Although - i am only doing 3 units per semester cause i'm doing 2 in summer... doubt i'd be able to get that few days if i was doing 4.

HSC
Lol, i went to the Course Decision Day, i got fucked over tring to park in the north carpark, took 45mins from ruse to victoria road... Then so many dumb cunts walking around, like u said, shout at the top of their lungs with their fuckin dodgy singlets on. Some of the presenters had no fuckin idea what they were on about and the schlorships girl decided to have a friendly catch up convo with some other girl half way through the presentation... I did speak to a guy looked in this 50's with a ponytail in the sec education room which was probabley the most useful thing i did, and he just gave me advice...

Yeah they did fuck up a bit in the whole organisation but i think para is where ill end up... Ill get use to it... Better than 3hrs of trainin it back and forth to sydney probabley 4days a week...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)