• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CSSA Business Studies (1 Viewer)

mastistar

HSC
Well..I crammed and studied topic 1 fully...then I cbf so I just skimmed through topi 2 - 5 in 3 hours and here iam..wbu?

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Just cramming aswell, we still got a few good hours left so trying to get a bit more done

WorryWartCob

HSC
lets test each other.

yeh finance is.
but i love it.

key areas;
- financial markets
- ratios
- goals
- debt v equity
- ethical and untethical

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
lets test each other.

yeh finance is.
but i love it.

key areas;
- financial markets
- ratios
- goals
- debt v equity
- ethical and untethical
I would learn Effective WC managment and the descending topic of Effective Finance Planning and ur startegies,

Effective WC (Liquidity) management
*WC Ratio
*Control of Current Assets - Recievable, Cash, Inventories
*Control of Current Liabilities - Payables, Overdrafts, Loans
*Management Strategies - Leasing, Factoring, Sale and Lease Back

Effective Financial Planning
Cash flow management
*Cash Flow Statements
*Management Strategies - Distribution of Payments, Discounts for early payments
Revenue Management
Cost Control - Expense minimisation, costcentres
Revenue control -Pricing mix, Pricing policy

WorryWartCob

HSC
I would learn Effective WC managment and the descending topic of Effective Finance Planning and ur startegies,

Effective WC (Liquidity) management
*WC Ratio
*Control of Current Assets - Recievable, Cash, Inventories
*Control of Current Liabilities - Payables, Overdrafts, Loans
*Management Strategies - Leasing, Factoring, Sale and Lease Back

Effective Financial Planning
Cash flow management
*Cash Flow Statements
*Management Strategies - Distribution of Payments, Discounts for early payments
Revenue Management
Cost Control - Expense minimisation, costcentres
Revenue control -Pricing mix, Pricing policy

too true.
:)
i love those

so the liquidity management.
is that only factoring, leasing and sale and lease for liquidity?
cant be used for the other types of ratios?
profitability, efficiency, solvency, :)

and.... how did you study your case study.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I suppose you can in a way but they are specifically for WC... I'm just making case studies up :p

thefatman123

HSC
For the question where you need to incorporate a business case study should you be writting a proper essay or is it still headings and dot points using the business report structure
also how closely do you need to refrence your case study in your response

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
For the question where you need to incorporate a business case study should you be writting a proper essay or is it still headings and dot points using the business report structure
also how closely do you need to refrence your case study in your response
You can do it in etiher essay or report format, report format is still probably best. And i would refer to case studies after each dotpoint/incorporate them into ur argument

LonelyWolf

HSC
for the first long question (the one with no case studies), does that have to be in complete report format or can you just do introduction, paragraphs and conclusion? because i was looking through examples of past papers and the people who got band 6 didn't do report format

LonelyWolf

HSC
Also, i still don't get what debentures, leverage and financial leases are, anyone help us out?

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
for the first long question (the one with no case studies), does that have to be in complete report format or can you just do introduction, paragraphs and conclusion? because i was looking through examples of past papers and the people who got band 6 didn't do report format
There isn't a designate/expected format, but you wouldn't want to stray to far off a basic structure.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Also, i still don't get what debentures, leverage and financial leases are, anyone help us out?
Financial Leasing - A lease for a set time period ie 12 months, and covers the interest and eventual purchase of the asset. Eg. A loan where the business is comitted to purchase the asset at an end date.

Debentures - Fixed interest securitites issued by a company willing to pay a fixed interest rate loaned to it for a set period of time, backed by general credit rather than with assets. Eg. a business will issue a debenture looking for a $10,000 loan and is willing to pay 6% interest a year or so.

Leverage - NFI.

thefatman123

HSC
unless you're going to absolutley nail the question (get a mark 18+) then you're robably better off going with the report, to have the same level of clarity etc in an essay as you would in a report written with headings and bullet points u need to be a gun writter

also what business is everyone using as a case study, atm ive got dominos pizza as mine but if the essay Q is anything about international business im more then likely screwed for it cause u can really export pizza can you :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)