• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dave Matthews Band Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Dave Matthews is a wanker. He dances around with his acoustic strapped on and he lookes like an idiot. I would excuse such antics if he was more talented. The "all along the watchtower" cover, which I saw on some live DVD is fairly crap, especially his role in singing it. Someone tell me what is so good about DMB and Dave Matthews?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
sped_kid01 said:
i didnt see rove either...

the thred says "dave matthews APPRECIATION thred"....why clcik on the thred if u dont like them?
because it came up in a search, and I saw it and thought "I wonder who likes this band and why?".

If you only ever listen to people that like DMB, well you'll become close-minded... I asked a question as well (it wasn't rhetorical, I'm genuinely interested in what makes this band semipopular) - Why do you (anyone on this forum) like DMB?

artfag

Banned
HSC
original bands that utilise a sax and are infinitely better than the dave matthews band;

james chance and the contortionists
otomo yoshihide's new jazz ensemble
die like a dog quartet
maher shalal hash baz
zu
jackie-o motherfucker
the necks
cafe noir

dave matthews band ain't original dude. they're just plain boring.

olay

HSC
artfag said:
dave matthews band ain't original dude. they're just plain boring.
i think they're original in that they're diverse, in comparison to mainstream sort of stuf [e.g. coldplay, and jack johnson, which all sound the same - granted, i enjoy listening to them anyway :)]. i mean if you contrast my fave dmb songs against e/o, they're quite different: crush [jazzy], stay (wasting time) [upbeat folkish], the space between [acoustic guitary]. you can't really put them in a box.

and they played "american baby" on rove. didn't think it was that great at all. but it was much better live. :) :( they didn't play 'the space between' at the concert tho - which i totally thought they would do! it's like the dmb staple. :/ but all in all, enjoyable. :) not too much a fan of his weird dancing though.

and to those who asked why fans like dmb... i think it's cause they're a bit kooky, they're diverse [well, i think they are] and different from mainstream poppy music. and i loooove their violin bits. they're beautiful! and their sax part is usually quite nice.

btw, it's funny that dmb and jack johnson were brought up together in this thread. someone in the audience shouted out 'jack johnson sucks!' at the concert last sat.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Krangelus said:
in futurama they are mentioned that they dont rock. cant remember the exact quote, but i dont mind them.
Male Nibblonian: Oh my. Anyway, your immunity is due to the fact that you lack the Delta Brainwave. [He presses a button and an image of Fry trying to eat a pineapple on a rope comes up on the screen.] It's a genetic abnormality which resulted when you went back in time and performed certain actions which made you your own grandfather.

Fry: I did do the nasty in the pasty!

Nibbler: Verily. And that past nastification is what shields you from the brains. You are the last hope of the universe.

Fry: So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?

Male Nibblonian: Yes. Except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock.

HSC
olay said:
i think they're original in that they're diverse, in comparison to mainstream sort of stuf [e.g. coldplay, and jack johnson, which all sound the same - granted, i enjoy listening to them anyway :)]. i mean if you contrast my fave dmb songs against e/o, they're quite different: crush [jazzy], stay (wasting time) [upbeat folkish], the space between [acoustic guitary]. you can't really put them in a box.

and they played "american baby" on rove. didn't think it was that great at all. but it was much better live. :) :( they didn't play 'the space between' at the concert tho - which i totally thought they would do! it's like the dmb staple. :/ but all in all, enjoyable. :) not too much a fan of his weird dancing though.

and to those who asked why fans like dmb... i think it's cause they're a bit kooky, they're diverse [well, i think they are] and different from mainstream poppy music. and i loooove their violin bits. they're beautiful! and their sax part is usually quite nice.

btw, it's funny that dmb and jack johnson were brought up together in this thread. someone in the audience shouted out 'jack johnson sucks!' at the concert last sat.
my sister was at that concert, she said she was a bit dissapointed because they didnt play space between or crash...she thinks they got pissed off at the crowd because they kept shouting out shit and wouldnt let him talk

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
dave matthews band i admit have a few odd songs. and some of their songs, i ask myself, "why on earth would you do that?" There are a lot of problems when it comes to proper instrument interaction.... jesus, studying music in uni is making me dismantle it :S

there are great elements in their music. I like how they've developed, you can really hear it through the albums. Their drummer carter beauford is pretty cool. They are quality music compared to certain bands that have the same amount of "fame" as them.

my favourite is "you might die trying" and "the stone"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)