• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Did anyone on here get into ANU with UniTest? (1 Viewer)

Atrophic

HSC
Sorry for being a couple weeks late. I got into the Commerce/IT degree with the entry requirements of 80 with my vce enter of 71.75(equivalent to UAI). I scored a scaled score of 78 on unitest which was enough to grant me entry. I was pleasantly surprised as i read that the course had to be within 5 points of the entry score for unitest to facilitate entry.

Has anyone else gotten in through unitest? If so, what uai/unitest results did you achieve?

Andi0390

HSC
Going of last years UAI I thought I would get in with my 75.45, but my friend didn't think so and decided to do the Unitest, and I went along as I thought it would be fun (i like standardised tests). Then when they officially raised the UAI I was freaking out but I got a 79 on the UniTest and got in.

I don't know what the ANU did with that test, as the email said it would raise you five points and that if your UAI was over 70 a pass would make you eligible for entry. Which to me sounds like they were going of the previous cut offs not the new ones, but it seems to me that they suspected a while back that they would have to raise the entrance, so it seems strange that they would offer this kind of entrance.

Atrophic

HSC
Well i believe that they were still using the old data when they stated that a 70 and a pass in uni test was enough for entry. They had probably not confirmed the changes in entry score at that time. The people involved in the entry test may not have known about the exact score increase in store for many of the courses. They have been offering the entrance test for many years and i don't see a reason why they would have stopped, they would just need to change the marks required to get in through it.

I would be very surprised if they marked and used the test based on the old entry requirements, but if they didn't I'm not quite sure how i got in (i dont think my unitest results were exceptional although it were decent). There is probably no way of confirming unless some other people can confirm that they got under 75 and got in.

And yeah the unitest was actually quite fun as i liked the style of the questions. It was also the first test that Ive done well in for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)