• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do Summer Courses Change? (1 Viewer)

Baggypants

HSC
So I'm thinking of doing some summer courses to speed up my engineering degree by a semester or so. Basically, I wanna know if they change what courses are available for summer each year?

D94

HSC
N/A
Very few are available each year. It's usually the same courses.

It's not typical for engineering students to take summer courses. What did you have in mind?

Baggypants

HSC
I thought of switching maths 1b and my elective for something that would be offered later that isnt offered in summer. Then if I do maths 1b and my elective in the summer then I'm 2 courses quicker. Then if I overload by a course in 2nd year each semester, then I'm a whole semester ahead. Overloading isn't that bad apparently because I'm doing materials/chemical engineering and the courses have pretty low contact hours. Probably not a good idea to overload but I just want to get my degree over and done with.

D94

HSC
N/A
I guess you could do that, obviously you will be losing one summer break. But you may not have that many semester 2 courses available to do if you decide to push 2 semester 2 courses into the summer. You normally would not be able to do 2nd year courses.

You will also need a Distinction WAM to overload in your 2nd year.

You might have low contact hours, but not all courses may fit in your timetable. It's almost impossible to account for that. You may end up not being able to accelerate your degree by one semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)