• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does 4 Unit Maths count towards no. of units if I do it in year 11? (1 Viewer)

calamebe

HSC
Hi, I am a year 10 student currently studying 3 Unit Maths on an accelerated maths program. I am fairly certain that I will do 4 Unit Maths when it starts. The only thing I am wondering is whether this will count towards the number of units for year 11, if I am studying 4 Unit during year 11. The subjects I am thinking of doing are:
- 4 Unit Maths
- Advanced English
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Biology or Japanese

These subjects add up to 12 units, but 1 unit is a HSC unit. Will I have to do an extra unit to get to the minimum 12 units? Also any recommendations for biology and japanese. I love both, and am doing very well in Japanese (98 and 95%, 1st in the year) but haven't been tested on bio yet. How are these subjects? Thank you in advance.

photastic

HSC
Since you already will complete 3 units of preliminary subjects, 2u and ext 1, you only require to do 9 units for yr 11. So yes it will count. Your subject choice is fine and 95% of asians have the same subject combo.

calamebe

HSC
Ok, so the 1 unit in Ext 2 maths wont count? Also I'm actually not asian, I'm the whitest person you can find, who is called "black" at my school (just for the irony) and has an asian personality. I'm weird. Anyway though my prelim subjects I listed are only 8 units, I am missing one unit. Will ext 1 English be an ok option? I am doing ok in English, top 10 in my school, but feel as though I may struggle with it in addition to the workload.

photastic

HSC
Ok, so the 1 unit in Ext 2 maths wont count? Also I'm actually not asian, I'm the whitest person you can find, who is called "black" at my school (just for the irony) and has an asian personality. I'm weird. Anyway though my prelim subjects I listed are only 8 units, I am missing one unit. Will ext 1 English be an ok option? I am doing ok in English, top 10 in my school, but feel as though I may struggle with it in addition to the workload.
Yes the 1 unit will count. If you're good at English, I see no harm pursuing Ext 1 English.

lauraalessandra

HSC
Biology is a great subject. I enjoy it a lot! It's a very complex yet interesting subject. I'm sure you will do great :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)