• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone have their HSC timetable yet? (1 Viewer)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Your aim is 99.95, right?
I'd like to see you get that without X2 subjects. I'm not saying it's not possible...
lol thats a joke, i wanted to see what people would say.
Im only aiming for around 90. but i would do MX2 but im changing to a selective school, and ill probly be slaughtered in the MX2 class.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
well does anyone think that i could do 4unit having only completed upto (and including) Ch.9 in the prelim Maths in focus book?

K

khorne

Same times as year 11 subs, only Maths ext 2 is during sport (nearly 3 hours of straight Ext 2...what fun?)...

As for frees, I believe I have 8 (42x8minutes) per week

scardizzle

Salve!
HSC
Because he's a genious?

There's one kid at our school that i know of who has tons of them. He was on the einstein factor as well :p

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
We keep our previous timetable for the rest of the year, and I just worked it out...

Our periods are 40 minutes and I will have 15 free periods, so 10 hours of frees a week, :cake: Yyyay!

It's because there is no ex2 english class, only a weekly meeting, I'm only doing 10 units and I'm not doing sport...
Damnit, if only I had stayed accelerated in english. ><

Lukybear

HSC
If you hav frees dosent that mean you do less then 12 units or an equality of that for accelrated students? Cause ive only got 1 free every wk and ive got 12 units....

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
well does anyone think that i could do 4unit having only completed upto (and including) Ch.9 in the prelim Maths in focus book?
you shouldn't be studying from Maths in focus. it's ....... uh hum.
But if you're good at maths, I don't see why you shouldn't be doing 4 unit.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
If you hav frees dosent that mean you do less then 12 units or an equality of that for accelrated students? Cause ive only got 1 free every wk and ive got 12 units....
Depends on your school. Your school can fit more than 12 units on the timetable, probably 13 and that's why you have 1 free every week (because there's an extra period on your school timetable that you're not doing).

I'm doing 12 units next term and I have 3 free periods a week. This is because I dropped Chemistry to pick up MX2 and HX and they are afternoon classes.

so if you have frees, it means that:

1) you have afternoon classes
2) you are doing less units than what can be fitted on your school timetable
3) you're accelerated

scardizzle

Salve!
HSC
I'd say its the only text book you really need since you mainly get practice at questions from trial and HSC papers rather than textbooks. The textbooks are only there to help you get a basic understanding of the topic.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I'd say its the only text book you really need since you mainly get practice at questions from trial and HSC papers rather than textbooks. The textbooks are only there to help you get a basic understanding of the topic.
My school is pretty stupid.. the teachers can't think of good exam questions so they take them out of textbooks, lol. so for me, I study out of textbook and past papers.
what's wrong with Maths in Focus?
Sure, the questions are good to get a basic understanding of the topic but once you know the topic inside and out, it becomes useless because the questions are too easy!!! and if this is the only textbook you use, I think you'll find trouble doing your maths exams.

I absolutely hate Maths in Focus - just got the textbook list for Y12, and guess what? Yep - we're using Maths in Focus again. :evilfire:
how unlucky. Go out shopping for other textbooks!
My school uses Jones and Couchman.. the ugly old textbook. :evilfire:
But we use Cambridge for 4U (haha probably because there's no Jones and Couchman textbook out there for 4unit)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I use this crap orange book... Jones and Couchman. It's... horrible. Horrendous.

First off I thought it was great, until my teacher gave us the 3 unit textbook (Fitzpatrick) and then I'm like "Is that it for this year AND next year?" And then he nods. Then I wave my 500 page J+C book and go "Then why do we have 500 pages for just three terms of work?!?!?!"

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)