• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does Feminism annoy anyone else? (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
And stop. I may re-open upon request.

EDIT: Re-opened

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Yay for re-openage.

Anyway, I complained about this feral Feminism to another teacher and she, quite simply replied:

"Don't you think that it needs to go back a bit, you know, with all that Misogynsm has caused"

*shiver* Can't we all just drop it all...you know, in that whole post-Revenge Tragedy tradition.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
it's interesting to open your mind different interpretations of any text. Feminism in any elizabethan or jacobean revenge tragedy is interesting as a point of discussion about whether the depictions of women within these texts are sort of indicative of the social values of the period. feminism is an interpretation, just like any other (psychoanalytical, aristotelian etc.) and, if anything, might be helpful in fashioning your own interpretation of any text. so sure, feminism may be hammered home so much in 2u and 3u english, but they're all for a good cause: to encourage us all to take what we want from them in formulating our own interpretation that can help us answer any question thats thrown at us come exam time. so yeah, what you're saying is true, it may get tiresome, but use what you think, if you think feminism is pretty obsolete when looking at revenge tragedy (i'm sorry, i dont know what texts revenge tragedy is studying) then just back yourself up with evidence and you can form a really great answer round it all, and it'll probly be something different, which they'll like :p

m_isk

HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
ahh! you can't call it discriminatory because it's counteracting a problem which can be encountered EXCLUSIVELY BY FEMALES.

is it discrimination because i will never be able to apply for sick leave because of prostrate cancer? course not, because I AM A GIRL. I WILL NEVER GET PROSTRATE CANCER.
Feminists suck. You girls want it all. Remeber a few weeks back in the tele where they had that stupid campaign about pregnant women not being offered seats..well that opened a can of worms. Of course pregnant women should get priority seating however, these days women and men are considered equal. BUT it is common for an able bodied man to give up his seat for an able bodied woman, but i have never seen the opposite. Make up your mind, ladies :uhhuh:

Edit: i dunno what my post has to do with glycerine's but what teh heck.. :D

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
with this being in the extension english thread, it's probably not the place to comment on feminism in general, i'm not fussed over whether feminism is good or not, all that we really need to care about is how we can use it to get good marks, and we dont need to start a sexual revolution for that i dont think...

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
m_isk said:
BUT it is common for an able bodied man to give up his seat for an able bodied woman, but i have never seen the opposite. Make up your mind, ladies :uhhuh:
it is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)