• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
TimeAndTide said:
Because there are so many religions, telling us of our creations at different times, its obvious god is a phoney made by crazy people to scare us.
Obvious to you perhaps, that doesnt make it obvious for everybody else

budj

HSC
Enlightened_One said:
Whether or not God exists is not my place to say, so I won't. Whether or not I believe in Him is not important (Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't, but who really knows until they need reassurance :rolleyes: )

What I will say is that He persuades those who believe in him to do good, and to give people faith and hope when they need it. He even brings with him a conept of a better place, which is a comfort to the dying, and something to aspire to.

For all that I admire him! As to whether or not he exists, who cares? If you don't believe in him then let him alone for those who do have a reason to try and be good people, and have something to inspire them and give them faith.

It's a bit like one of you telling an devout infant that Santa doesn't exist. (The again, who's to say he doesn't. [well actually he doesn't because he was made up by the Coca Cola company] But then again, what's wrong with saying he exists.)

Back to the topic at hand, all this discussion over God is a mixture of envy, non-empathy and jealousy (not the best way to describe it, but my head hurts). People say God doesn't exist because they see that someone else has something they don't, something they can't understand, and their pithy jealously forces them to ruin it for those who possess it. Simple psychology.

As I said, whether or not I believe isn't important, but I do try to see it from all points of view - it's called empathy. And if people want to believe in God then let them. Hopefully they'll be better people for it, since they're tyring to earn their way into Heaven.

Anyway, another thing you must remember is that God is something that is there when there is nothing else. For a kid with Cancer who is dying the idea of a greater being and a Utopia above is more of a comfort than a "pragmatist" who says "God doesn't exist. Your going to die an unlived life and there is nothing we can do. Sorry mate."

And for all you non-believers wait until you're faced with a moment when you're uncertain of it all. Staring down death perhaps, facing some challenge you don't believe you can handle (they come in all forms), or have been given another chance.

I know people who never believed in God until they were faced with the possibility of death. Another person had their house raided for drugs and was lucky not to be caught again (facing a possible long imprisoment) that they gave up their bad habits and decided their was some reason that the police overlooked only that one spot.

Sure you get "loonies" who annoy, like "lesbians are witches", etc. But then again you get people who give everything a bad name. I know some Aborginals who wander around Newcastle gang bashing people at random and stealing their stuff. They give all Aboriginals a bad name, and create racist views. Some homosexuals go to far and give the majority a bad image (no names mentioned). Extremists give all the people of Muslim and Islam faith, and most of Middle Eastern descent. People of all cultures and all walks of faith give their peers and fellows bad names. Surely us Aussies don't want to be judged by (Insert name of hated Australian who disgraces our national identity here). You never measure the majority by the mad minority.

As I was saying, the question is not about whether He exists or not, but to let those who believe in Him alone. What greater social reformer is there? Most of our laws began with a belief in God. Most of our basic laws go back to the Ten Commandments "Thou shalt not kill" etc.

The greatest problem with this world (Ok, maybe not, but it's definetely top ten) is simple mindedness. People are racist. People are homophbic, xenophic etc, and and some cannot accept something that relies simply on faith. A little bit of acceptance reaches far.
This is one of the greatest messages i have read. It is indeed irrelevant whether god exists or dosent, rathre, it is its implications to humanity. On the whole, the mainstream religions has had a great impact on humanity, including muslimity, christianity, budhisim etc.

The central message is equality in human nature and appreciation for humanity, which is of central importance to mankinds plight.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
This is one of the greatest messages i have read. It is indeed irrelevant whether god exists or dosent, rathre, it is its implications to humanity. On the whole, the mainstream religions has had a great impact on humanity, including muslimity, christianity, budhisim etc.

The central message is equality in human nature and appreciation for humanity, which is of central importance to mankinds plight.

muslimity is not a word......

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
*stretching hands*

The question u have asked is does God exist? and why? u guys have all posted ur opinions, and now to all those who disagree, or agree, here is an example that i would like evryone to think about.

One day I was walking with a very wise scientist, who believed in evolution and the big bang etc; he believed that everything was scientific, and if science wasnt there to prove it, it doesnt exist...

( theres soemthing more importanat than science and that is reason and logic)
anyways... so we continued walking, the beautiful smell of the ocean etc etc....
and then suddenly a footprint appeared (by the way we were at the beach). The scientist analysed it and discovered that it was a mans footprint. now could u argue???

i mean obviously it was a mans, i mean it didnt just appear from the ocean, or by the wind blowing, plus the sand was wet, so it couldnt have been imprinted by the wind(whixh sounds stupid anyway) .

so as we walked, the very wise scientist imposed a question..... can u argue with me if i told u that a man has come past here and has made this footprint?... i replied: its worth trying, and so he says, no its not because u will be speaking out of ignorance, i mean how stupid could u be? it could not have come by chance.

And so i agreed with the scinetist and then told him: look around u... if this footprint has been created by a man, has this entire world full of beauty and wonders and beautiful living creatures, not also been created by a supreme God?, if the footprint could not have come by chance, how has this world? if the footprint was created, was this world not also created?.... an explosion did not occur following the sudden appearance of a footprint and neither did an explosion occur and create the world we live in, they were both created by a creator.

And so i leave u with this, if u wish to comment feel free, i will even inform u of the miracles that God has mentioned 1400 years ago, about some of his creatures and creations, which scientists only dicovered just between the time span of 100 years.....

think, with reason and logically

Last edited:
HSC
physician said:
*stretching hands*

The question u have asked is does God exist? and why? u guys have all posted ur opinions, and now to all those who disagree, or agree, here is an example that i would like evryone to think about.

One day I was walking with a very wise scientist, who believed in evolution and the big bang etc; he believed that everything was scientific, and if science wasnt there to prove it, it doesnt exist...

( theres soemthing more importanat than science and that is reason and logic)
anyways... so we continued walking, the beautiful smell of the ocean etc etc....
and then suddenly a footprint appeared (by the way we were at the beach). The scientist analysed it and discovered that it was a mans footprint. now could u argue???

i mean obviously it was a mans, i mean it didnt just appear from the ocean, or by the wind blowing, plus the sand was wet, so it couldnt have been imprinted by the wind(whixh sounds stupid anyway) .

so as we walked, the very wise scientist imposed a question..... can u argue with me if i told u that a man has come past here and has made this footprint?... i replied: its worth trying, and so he says, no its not because u will be speaking out of ignorance, i mean how stupid could u be? it could not have come by chance.

And so i agreed with the scinetist and then told him: look around u... if this footprint has been created by a man, has this entire world full of beauty and wonders and beautiful living creatures, not also been created by a supreme God?, if the footprint could not have come by chance, how has this world? if the footprint was created, was this world not also created?.... an explosion did not occur following the sudden appearance of a footprint and neither did an explosion occur and create the world we live in, they were both created by a creator.

And so i leave u with this, if u wish to comment feel free, i will even inform u of the miracles that God has mentioned 1400 years ago, about some of his creatures and creations, which scientists only dicovered just between the time span of 100 years.....

think, with reason and logically
Hey, that's a great joke!

physician

HSC
its not a joke, making fun of such an isuue, comes from satan, look at the truth, if u ppl arent gonna come up with mature and reasonable agreements or disagreements, then dont waste our time. plzz ppl

physician

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
True

Though you can logically argue against certain beliefs of God.

You cannot disprove=correct, however, u can prove God exists, infact God has done that for us, it depends what u'v read there is one book, that i believ u may have not yet read, and if u read this book, u will see all the revelations and proof, that God exists, and God is the creator.

HSC
physician said:
its not a joke, making fun of such an isuue, comes from satan, look at the truth, if u ppl arent gonna come up with mature and reasonable agreements or disagreements, then dont waste our time. plzz ppl
My apologies for my flippant remark. What I meant to say is that despite attempting to read what you posted twice, I am not fully able to comprehend exactly what it is that you are trying to say.

What I did find amusing, from the parts that did make sense, was that the mixture of spelling errors/typos and deep and meaningful discussion provides a comical contrast. My apologies for sacrificing clarity for the sake of brevity, it won't happen again.

And yes, everyone's got the monopoly on truth, we know. Just because people don't agree with you, personally, I don't believe that means that they're doing the work of satan.

lengstar

HSC
physician said:
its comments like these i hated christians.

physician

HSC
i do not aks that everyone should agree with me, i ask that ppl should think for a minute. The posts on this thread are degrading seriously. not all, some r realy good, but some r just purely offensive

HSC
physician said:
i do not aks that everyone should agree with me, i ask that ppl should think for a minute. The posts on this thread are degrading seriously. not all, some r realy good, but some r just purely offensive
While we're scrabbling for the moral highground, claiming that other people's actions are the results of satan's work *could* be offensive. Especially seeing as I attempted to clarify my comment, in the event that I was big on religion, being denounced like that over a single comment could be quite hurtful.

lengstar

HSC
spirituality is a deeply personal thing and your going to be buggered about it whether you believe or not. there are stupid people on boths sides of the argument. i just find it funny how hypocritical the bible it. just because you believe in god, doesn't mean you believe in the bible.

physician

HSC
lengstar : i am deeply sorry if i offended u in anyway, i wouldnt want u to get the wrong image. And by the way i am not chritsian, and neither do i hate them. if we continue to hate, we will never live in harmony

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
physician said:
I seem to find it is people like you who quote random phrases of the bible to not come up with mature and reasonable arguments. So please do not waste our time by posting and certainly do not insult us by praying for our "eternal souls".

physician

HSC
i have not quoted anything form the bible
i havnt even sat down and actually read the bible

physician

HSC
lengstar said:
why do we need to live in harmony?
so that children our ages and younger dont have to be killed around the world such as Iraq. What do u say, to seeing a 12 year old child being shot at for 45 minutes straight, oh wait, the media doesnt show all that stuff...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)