• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does that want extra unit really count in math & english? (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
ahahaha, take it easy there mate, just an opinion.

i was gonna do standard english at the start of year 11, then asked my teacher who was and still is a HSC marker. she said that the first section, was marked all together. a particular teacher does not know what she is marking, whether standard or advance, but the vocabularly and the sentence structure will make it quite obvious to the teacher whether the student is of a "standard level" or an "advance level". if you dont believe what i am saying, go to this site, ARC :: Standards Packages and compare the essay from standard and advance only for section 1, and i am hundred percent sure that you will be able to tell the difference. the evidence for why they get relatively harsher, is right in front of you. why do less than 1% of the people who do standard getting band 6? because it is marked harsher. ROFL, and what do you mean by "not telling the guy to do standard english", you are in full farking support for the OP to do standard from your comments.

and now its my turn.
get it right faggot. ;)

btw namu, i still love you man, since you help me out with questions i post up on BOS on ext 2. so yeh thanks and no hard feelings. :)
lol they're exactly the same essays for AoS.

HSC
Yeh Do Advanced, but if seem to struggle in advanced then u can choose always drop down to standard. But give it a go first :)

ptrgrgry

HSC
The gap between standard and advanced English is really quite huge!

In 2003 (I know its a while ago, but it hasn't changed much since) Standard English scaled at approximately 73.2% whilst Advanced scaled at around 128.8% (with 100% being an average scaling subject).

Advanced isn't insanely hard, although some teachers may attempt to scare you by telling you otherwise. I believe that any student who is willing to put in the effort can succeed in Advanced English.

I would strongly recommend that you take extension math (if you know you're able). I didn't take it and now I deeply regret it as I have to do a bridging course in extension math to do an economics major, which I really want to do!

lig3r

HSC
lol 3 u aint any harder mate =/ its only extra maths hence the reason why its EXTENSION maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)