• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Doom3 benchmarks (1 Viewer)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yeah a MX440 running at what res and settings? lolz

time for me to upgrade:)

Kez_136

I dont like the fact that an X800 stuggles to run the game @ 50FPS... let alone my 9600XT :(.... I thought this game was "optimised" to run on older graphics systems :p

r0wlzii

id said it could run on a Pentium 2 800+Mhz system, 128 MBRAM, 800mb HDD space and a Radeon 9200SE.

id are also fuckwits, i forgot to mention.

I had trouble running THE BETA on P4 2.4 OC - 2.97, 1GB 400MHz RAM, 2GB minimal HDD and a Radeon 9600XT.

Compare these two computers, and id just made a fool of themselves.

asdf

HSC
Well it was BETA, you can expect some performance increase with the final version.

r0wlzii

Half Life 2 was the beta, and it still ran up to standards. Doom 3 doesnt look that good also, the monsters constantly come back to like and the ammo is very limited. The graphics are almost exact to the inside levels of Far Cry and the objects are very very similiar. The creators stated they dislike using outdoor areas so expect the game to be a very dark, somewhat scary game appealing to mainly older gamers from the old Dooms, which kicked ass.

Supose we'll have to wait til release date, but Id say youd need a 9800Pro at least to run the game on medium specs.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
nah, apparently the final version was alot faster than the beta.

at doom3 is gonna be released unlike halflife2, lol

r0wlzii

True that, ati better keep their half of the deal and send me the copy I ordered. Can you reverse charge America to see if my order has been submitted?

HSC
http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0 has recently been published, far more comprehensive report than the initial announcement stuff. It's a pretty lengthy analysis, supported by screenshots and the usual benchmarking shenanigans comparing the various performance and quality attained with different cards, and I must say it looks rather impressive (on even the lower-end cards).

I'd also like to add that you've have to be a bit of a mong to take the leaked beta and compare it to something like Far Cry (ie. a 'finished' product). Stop and have a think about it, where do you think the optimisation and performance tweaking would be done in the development stage? Of course, they'd be present and complete in the beta, right on!

Read the article then maybe you'll see where I'm coming from on this one. id, fuckwits? I think not.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0 has recently been published, far more comprehensive report than the initial announcement stuff. It's a pretty lengthy analysis, supported by screenshots and the usual benchmarking shenanigans comparing the various performance and quality attained with different cards, and I must say it looks rather impressive (on even the lower-end cards).

I'd also like to add that you've have to be a bit of a mong to take the leaked beta and compare it to something like Far Cry (ie. a 'finished' product). Stop and have a think about it, where do you think the optimisation and performance tweaking would be done in the development stage? Of course, they'd be present and complete in the beta, right on!

Read the article then maybe you'll see where I'm coming from on this one. id, fuckwits? I think not.

hmm... most of those benchmarks were run at 640.480 ....

that is just a bit too low in my opinion, i hope my system can handle it

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
hmm... most of those benchmarks were run at 640.480 ....

that is just a bit too low in my opinion, i hope my system can handle it
I'd prefer a bit higher too, but it looks like they did that with a fair few of the pretties turned on, I figure sacrifice some of those and you'll be able to up the resolution :)

The main thing is that it's playable on older machines at very least, so people who are between upgrades at the moment won't have to sit it out completely :)

r0wlzii

Well a Beta is a first impression right, and I DID state I disliked the style of gameplay, which is easily extractable from playing a Beta version.

HSC
r0wlzii said:
Well a Beta is a first impression right, and I DID state I disliked the style of gameplay, which is easily extractable from playing a Beta version.
Ah, perhaps that's what confused me then, what I was responding to was the references to the beta running poorly. If you don't like the game then that's an entirely different matter, although I'd hope it's changed since the beta as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)